Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A swing and a miss.....followed by a tank
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/matt-ryan-b...00071.html

Looking to draft high next spring.....

Quote: @StickyBun said:

I'm not so sure. I remember watching that QB class starting from the bottom with Ian Book, Sam Ehlinger and a few others and Ehlinger really impressed me. He can run too.

I think the Colts might think Ehlinger gives them a better chance to win. At 3-3, with Taylor, Pittman, Gilmore, Buckner, I don't think this team is tanking. 

What interesting to me is that their biggest problem, other than Ryan, has been that OL. That vaunted OL with Quenton Nelson of all people having an off year. But something tells me their protection numbers go up with Ehlinger under center. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

I'm not so sure. I remember watching that QB class starting from the bottom with Ian Book, Sam Ehlinger and a few others and Ehlinger really impressed me. He can run too.

I think the Colts might think Ehlinger gives them a better chance to win. At 3-3, with Taylor, Pittman, Gilmore, Buckner, I don't think this team is tanking. 

What interesting to me is that their biggest problem, other than Ryan, has been that OL. That vaunted OL with Quenton Nelson of all people having an off year. But something tells me their protection numbers go up with Ehlinger under center. 
Ehlinger = 6th round draft pick. Noodle armed. Not sure how this isn't a tank job.....and I say that totally agreeing with that decision. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Ehlinger = 6th round draft pick. Noodle armed. Not sure how this isn't a tank job.....and I say that totally agreeing with that decision. 
It's just that some teams, based on their roster, the age and cost of their key players, are in a position to tank and some are not. The Colts are not. 

Ryan was a pick machine in Indy. So this is a move to get better. May not work, but I'm pretty sure that's what the team is thinking. Ehlinger had a ridiculous preseason. I honestly think Rich was aching for a reason to play him.

7 starting QB's since Luck retired. I think it's clear that Reich and Ballard are dancing on Irsay's last nerve, and are throwing everything against the wall to see if what sticks before being shown the door.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
7 starting QB's since Luck retired. I think it's clear that Reich and Ballard are dancing on Irsay's last nerve, and are throwing everything against the wall to see if what sticks before being shown the door.
boom!! 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
I think Irsay is being a bit unreasonable. He was spoiled with Manning and only had to Suck For Luck  before actually landing Luck and the QB position was very good again.
7 starters since Luck will tell you good QB’s are hard to come by and this change sounds like Irsay put the pressure on Reich to make it if you believe the tweets that are out there.

From profootballtalk:

Ryan’s contract already pays him $12 million in base salary next year, fully guaranteed. But millions more would become fully guaranteed if Ryan suffers an injury that keeps him from passing a physical by the third day of the 2023 league year in March, when the payments that are currently guaranteed for injury become fully guaranteed.
Specifically, Ryan has $7.205 million in additional 2023 salary guaranteed for injury, and a 2023 roster bonus of $10 million, which is also guaranteed for injury. That’s $17.205 million that the Colts would potentially owe Ryan (in addition to the $12 million) if he emerges from the 2022 season with an injury that prevents him from passing a physical by the middle of March.

Reich, QB killer ?

Ryan was finished a year or 2 ago.