Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Ads...
Mid-term season reminds me why I am so glad to have a DVR...

When I do watch the ads, they're looking to appeal to their own base; Blue or Red.  There is no messaging that might try and persuade someone to consider a candidate across the aisle. 

Why waste all that $ just to appeal to voters who would have voted for you anyways???

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

When I do watch the ads, they're looking to appeal to their own base; Blue or Red.  There is no messaging that might try and persuade someone to consider a candidate across the aisle. 

Why waste all that $ just to appeal to voters who would have voted for you anyways???
Because elections are not won by crossing the aisle. They're won by energizing the base. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Because elections are not won by crossing the aisle. They're won by energizing the base. 
So when do you ever get out of a country divided? How can a candidate appeal to both and win? Who was the last candidate who pulled that off or was vocal about uniting?

Maybe the elder Bush? 

Wasn't Trump, Carter, Ford, Clinton...Obama? Ok, just kidding on that one.