Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking ahead
If the Vikings beat the Dolphins on the Sunday to go 5-1, they could go 6-5 the rest of the way and still finish 11-6. What's more, among the remaining games, there is only one more game in which they will likely be underdogs (in Buffalo) and one other where they might be (in Green Bay). Unless things change a lot (and they could), the Vikings will be favored in at least 9 of their remaining 11 games.

That's the encouraging part about these early season wins.  It gives the team some wiggle room to navigate a rough stretch, potential injuries, etc. Those typically happen whether it's a bad game or two or a bad month.  Maybe we've hit ours early and found ways to get wins?

Regardless, it would be sweet for the Vikings to make the playoffs in Year 1 under O'Connell...  1) for the player buy-in and 2) it would validate the culture change and coaching style.

This is what I have been saying and most doubted.  There is enough talent to weather the storm of a new staff to win a lot of games early in the schedule.

Realistically if we beat Miami, we should be able to AT WORST split with Arizona (at HOME) at Washington.  I believe this team wins all 3 of those games, again, there is a lot of talent on this team that continues to gel week by week.

7-1 going to Buffalo is a legit possibility

Split the Buffalo Dallas back to back and you are 8-2 with 

Jets, Patriots, Colts, Giants at home (win 3 out of 4)
Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago on the road (wins 2 out 3)

Get through this next stretch of 3 games where we should win, 3-0, this is an 11 win team barring any major injuries.  I believe this team gets better over the year, defense feels more comfortable and stops thinking so much, offense continues to gel (comfort to open up the playbook)

Now, you've gone & jinxed us!

I have learned a lot of things as a long time Vikings fan. I never ever count chickens before they hatch, and I only look ahead to the next game, quarter, or play! 

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
I have learned a lot of things as a long time Vikings fan. I never ever count chickens before they hatch, and I only look ahead to the next game, quarter, or play! 
^^^
This

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Well that's the great thing about being a fan. None of that matters. Besides, I'm more in the KOC school when it comes to superstition. Don't be afraid to talk about it. If you avoid it, if you fear it, you give it power it doesn't deserve. 

Edit: Except Sticky. Sticky can't say shit. He wields a power unknown to mere mortals. 

[Image: 10193450.gif]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Well that's the great thing about being a fan. None of that matters. Besides, I'm more in the KOC school when it comes to superstition. Don't be afraid to talk about it. If you avoid it, if you fear it, you give it power it doesn't deserve. 
Yup.  we can talk about whatever and it has no effect.  So to each his own.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Yup.  we can talk about whatever and it has no effect.  So to each his own.
Doesn't work that way for me. I jinx them and Lucy continues to pull the ball away every time so far! Every friggen' time!