Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roughing the passer
That call against Grady Jarrett on Brady was complete bullshit. One of the worst roughing calls I have ever seen.

Yup, bs call - suspend the ref. 

Brady when asked post-game about the call; "I don't throw the flags"

Can blame him, dont want to piss off the players or the ref's. 

The rules do not apply to Brady and Rodgers, it has always been that way.  Does anyone think that Brady or Rodgers would not have come immediately back into the game yesterday if they took the hit that Teddy took.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Jerome Boger is a shit ref,  always has been and likely always will be.  I put him on the same level as Angel Hernandez in baseball... they just plain suck and should not have their jobs.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
Jerome Boger is a shit ref,  always has been and likely always will be.  I put him on the same level as Angel Hernandez in baseball... they just plain suck and should not have their jobs.
Completely agree! If Boger and his crew are reffing your game, expect a ton of flags with half them being ticky tack or just straight bullshit calls. The fact he is still an NFL ref astounds me, but then again it would take a seriously agregious act for the NFL to fire an African American employee. But he should be..

Another bogus called on MNF, just ridiculous, they are ruining the game.  Chiefs really screwed on that. 

I think some of these failures of officiating are a direct result of 2 things,  1 is the leagues over reaction to certain injuries to certain players,  you can't make mandates to fit only certain players and situations,  the other is the leagues directives to the officials to focus on certain penalties,  at times they are so focused on say illegal contact by Dbs,  they completely forget to watch for things like offensive PI, or other infractions. 

How many times do we see defenders get flagged for using the crown of the helmet when it was the offensive player that lowers their helmet on nearly every tackle?  Why are ball carriers allowed to stiff arm the defenders head /face but about any contact to an opposing players face draws a penalty?

They need to clean up the rules so 1 rule applies to all and then I think the game will see better officiating. 

as pointed out above these rules only apply to certain QBs, how manytimes has Kirk been hit in the helmet this year?

Quote: @rf54 said:
as pointed out above these rules only apply to certain QBs, how manytimes has Kirk been hit in the helmet this year?
Did anyone see the roughing call on Carr last night?  That one was total BS, but I would have a hard time believing Carr would be on any secret "QB Protection List".  That crap call negated a perfect strip sack and should've been KCs ball right there.