Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refreshing on offense
Its so refreshing to see a offense go out and look competent. KOC was a great hire. I dont care if we miss the playoffs. This team is going places under his leadership. 

Get the D working right or even remotely average and we’ve got a chance.  

Really love the hiring of KOC. 
The Defense definitely needs to really step up and play well the rest of the season.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Really love the hiring of KOC. 
The Defense definitely needs to really step up and play well the rest of the season.
Not even well. Just Average. Top 20 or so should be good enough. 

The offense has looked incredible so far today

And then  the O got zimmerish and things went to shit.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Huh?  The offense was on fire to start...  but did you think we were gonna score a TD every drive?  The overall numbers were great...  12/15 on 3rd downs...  Had 29 1st downs to the Bears 14 on offense.  We ran 79 offensive plays to their 47 and outgained them 429 to 271.  We dominated the time of possession.  We missed two long FGs that really could have been difference makers in the final score and tone of the game, but the offense was moving the ball all day.  We didn't have a single 3 and out all game.

The Vikings missed a long FG before half time, then had a drive stall out and we missed another long FG in the 3rd quarter, and Cousins threw a pick on the next series.  Despite some mid game adversity they found a way to not only score to take the lead... They did it with a 17 play 75 yard drive that took a ton of time off the clock and scored a TD and 2 pt conversion to put them back up by a score with less than 2 minutes remaining. The offense isn't Bills dominant, but they are really good.  We've scored 28, 28, and 29 points since the Eagles game.  If we keep doing that, we're gonna win a lot more games.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Huh?  The offense was on fire to start...  but did you think we were gonna score a TD every drive?  The overall numbers were great...  12/15 on 3rd downs...  Had 29 1st downs to the Bears 14 on offense.  We ran 79 offensive plays to their 47 and outgained them 429 to 271.  We dominated the time of possession.  We missed two long FGs that really could have been difference makers in the final score and tone of the game, but the offense was moving the ball all day.  We didn't have a single 3 and out all game.

The Vikings missed a long FG before half time, then had a drive stall out and we missed another long FG in the 3rd quarter, and Cousins threw a pick on the next series.  Despite some mid game adversity they found a way to not only score to take the lead... They did it with a 17 play 75 yard drive that took a ton of time off the clock and scored a TD and 2 pt conversion to put them back up by a score with less than 2 minutes remaining. The offense isn't Bills dominant, but they are really good.  We've scored 28, 28, and 29 points since the Eagles game.  If we keep doing that, we're gonna win a lot more games.
I was at the game, around a bunch of Bears fans and it was almost embarrassing. Every time they had the ball, ugly. Every time we had the ball, methodical precision. At one point Cousins was 16 of 16. By the end of the game, we had 29 1st downs to their 14. TOP 36 to 23. That's domination. 

It reminded me of the game I went to last year, at home against the Lions. We dominated. But still found ourselves needing a last second field goal to win. 

I could be wrong about this, but I think it was 4 straight possessions mid-game when we punted, missed a FG, had a blocked FG and then threw the pick. Now, none of that is all that unusual, but our defense can't be counted on to hold when things like that happen. 

At the end of the day, Vikings won. Packers, Lions and Bears lost. Good weekend. 

That last, 7+ minute drive was the most impressive of all of em...

Masterful play calling & player execution. 

IT wont go down in history, but it was awful nice to see yesterday. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Its so refreshing to see a offense go out and look competent. KOC was a great hire. I dont care if we miss the playoffs. This team is going places under his leadership. 

Get the D working right or even remotely average and we’ve got a chance.  
I think we got the hire right too - time will tell. 

I'm sure McVay would like him back in the coaching room now too. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:

they got the lead,  and then went a lot more conservative on the play calling until they had lost the lead and then they dialed it back up again.  thats what happened under Zimmer as well,  he would get a 2 score lead and then would change the offensive script that would slow down the O.  We have seen the same thing with KOC this season,  we start trying to run more and get away from what was working and as such become more predictable (not nearly as bad as Zimmer, but I see the same tendency to take the foot off the gas)