Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might see Andy Dalton for the Aints?

I think we'd rather face Winston,   Dalton has the experience and accuracy to pick apart our soft D,  Winston is less of a passer,  but could expose those run/scramble lanes our D leaves.  Not to mention Winston has yet to throw a TD in the first 3 quarters of a game this year,  (5 in the 4th iirc).  Wasn't it Dalton that best us off bench as a cowboy a couple years ago?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I think we'd rather face Winston,   Dalton has the experience and accuracy to pick apart our soft D,  Winston is less of a passer,  but could expose those run/scramble lanes our D leaves.  Not to mention Winston has yet to throw a TD in the first 3 quarters of a game this year,  (5 in the 4th iirc).  Wasn't it Dalton that best us off bench as a cowboy a couple years ago?
Dalton is 2-2 against Minnesota in his career. Winston 0-1. No Viking's killers here*.

*Famous last words only to be proven extremely wrong when Dalton throws for 350 yards and 4 TDs. 

Yeah, I'd rather face Winston. We have a book on Winston. He's got a higher ceiling, but a much lower floor than Dalton.

Vikings really should win this game, so I'm not hugely concerned about either QB. But how many times have we seen the Vikings drop a winnable game to a backup QB? Cooper Rush, Dalton with the Cowboys, Chase Daniel, etc, etc. It's a long list. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Yeah, I'd rather face Winston. We have a book on Winston. He's got a higher ceiling, but a much lower floor than Dalton.

Vikings really should win this game, so I'm not hugely concerned about either QB. But how many times have we seen the Vikings drop a winnable game to a backup QB? Cooper Rush, Dalton with the Cowboys, Chase Daniel, etc, etc. It's a long list. 

This is exactly where I'm at. If KO and the boys are able to squash a backup QB like we 100% should be able to-- Saints are missing WRs also-- then it'll be another big step forward from the Zimmer era, who was always flummoxed by backup QBs for whatever reason.

Jameis please...

Backup QB PTSD is real.  Here is a recent smattering of the backup QB coming in and beating us

IN THE PLAYOFFS:
17 Championship Game with Big Dick Nick
94, Wild Card losing to Steve Walsh, at HOME

LOSSES THAT KEPT US OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS:
Todd Collins, in Minnesota 2007
Rick Mirer, yes, BUST Rick Mirer in 2003
Speaking of 03, McNown back to pass, NOOOOOO

BACKUP LOSSES THAT AFFECTED PLAYOFF SEEDING
Sunday Night vs Matt Moore in 09 costs us a #1 seed
Chad Hutchinson, a true BUM in 04, no division crown
Steve Young for his infamous run game in 88, Vikings W gives us #1 seed, kicks SF out of the playoffs
Hurt Trubisky in Chicago, Chase Daniel beats us in 19

With no pass rush and the secondary playing 10-15 yards off the ball, I think any NFL QB is a threat to pick apart our defense.  I could see Dalton dinking and dunking us all day. 

Jameis is going to be hung over from all the fish and chips.

Think I would prefer Winston but either way I hope the light goes on for the defense.