Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half Time Shows....
[Image: nfl-all-songs-are-heavy-metal-enter-sand...C502&ssl=1]

The half time show isn't for the NFL fans.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I dont think the half time show is for anybody really watching the game period.  some pretty lame shit over the years.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
I dont think the half time show is for anybody really watching the game period.  some pretty lame shit over the years.
Couldn't tell you any halftime performer in the last 10 years.  Other than Janet Jackson, not that I was watching that one either, but at least people remembered it.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
Couldn't tell you any halftime performer in the last 10 years.  Other than Janet Jackson, not that I was watching that one either, but at least people remembered it.
so thats 2 votes for strippers... check!

I thought last year's with Dr. Dre and the gang was cool. She's not someone I listen to much but hopefully Rihanna's set will be fun too.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I thought last year's with Dr. Dre and the gang was cool. She's not someone I listen to much but hopefully Rihanna's set will be fun too.
It wasnt the worst they have done,  there were parts there a little WTF,  but I am pretty sure that would be said even if they could get Elvis and Prince to come back from the dead to team up with the Beatles and Metallica,  they will never likely find a fits all.

They have halftime shows...huh

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
[Image: nfl-all-songs-are-heavy-metal-enter-sand...C502&ssl=1]
Outside of Metallica and AC/DC this is a list of has beens, broken up bands and dead people . Ozzie just did the kickoff show and people cried because he is "anti America". Axl Rose is an absolute shell of himself vocally. Not sure if anyone has told the person who originally posted this but Freddie Mercury has been dead for 31 years. And for the love of God a certain group of fans heads would explode if Queen with Adam Lambert did the half time show.  As much as I loved Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot 30 years ago they arent the draw the artists they have been bringing in the last several years. Like it or not the halftime show is about bringing in the casual viewer for the sake of pumping up what they can charge for ads going into/out of halftime. Not too mention product placement during the performance.  

If you ever catching me watching a half time show, just take me out in the woods for a 'hunting trip'.