Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boneheaded Play of the Game: Dan Campbell
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...h-quarter/

I couldn't believe it. I get being aggressive, but this was just dumb. Downside was HUGE and he paid for it. KOC said F-it, we're going for the TD not the lame ass FG. Put the nail it in right then and there. Campbell has been smelling his own farts for too long. Either punt or go for it. 

Lions got Zimmed in this one. 

Lions where repaying the favor for lopsided trade on draft day.  B)

That was definitely a key factor in the win, however we would not have needed it if KOC didn't actually lead in the bonehead category in doing that twice, the two 56 yard FG attempts led to 14 points.  Not sure with our defense playing so poorly why you would risk giving them a short field.  

I was pretty shocked when they lined up for it.  Even if their kicker hadn't missed earlier in the game, kicking the FG is the worst decision of all potential options. 

I'm happy O'Connell didn't take the conservative approach and went for the score instead of playing for OT once we were in FG range.

Camprbell’s Lions have yet to secure a road win under his tutelage, managing 1 tie w/ Pittsburgh last season…  :o :o :o  

I don’t think it’s the worst decision
in the world.  I think all 3 options are
pretty comparable in terms of risk.  I
think the thing that makes it more risky was the wind in that corner that
pushed all 3 FGs to the right in that end zone. 
A 56 yard FG is about 60% chance to succeed, while 4th and 4
is about 55% chance to succeed.  If you
fail either, you’re screwed.  You make
the FG, we have to drive the full length of the field and get a TD, which is
difficult but not impossible.  You make
the conversion, you pretty much win.  You
punt, then we have to drive 45-50 yards and kick a FG to tie or drive the whole
length of the field to win.  Like what
are the odds that we can drive 45-50 yards or drive 80 yards?  In hindsight, that KJ TD would have been a TD
from anywhere on the field.  Knowing
that, it’s easy to look back and think that the 55% chance of victory was your
best option.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I'm happy O'Connell didn't take the conservative approach and went for the score instead of playing for OT once we were in FG range.
Do we thank KOC?
Or KC?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Wetlander said:
Do we thank KOC?
Or KC?

Both.  Kevin for calling aggressive plays to have a shot to win it and Kirk and the offense for executing.