Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does everyone think of Jared Goff?
I tend to think he's a very average to slightly below average QB. The guy is still only 27 years old. He's got his doubters out there. Played pretty well against the Commanders. 

He reminds me of a younger, bigger KC...Needs a good surround vs lifts the play of those around him. 

Good but not great

He's actually had a really good stretch of games dating back to the end of last season. That probably has as much to do with an infusion of talent on that side of the ball, but you still have to perform which he has lately. 

He'll never be a top 10 guy that you want to build your team around, but he can definitely have games where he picks you apart. We should know, he's done it to us in the past.

I think he's better than most people think he is. He's accurate, but mistake prone and can be fooled easily. I think PF is right. He's a lesser version (much lesser version) of Kirk Cousins. 

HOF’er after today?

He was a big reason why the Rams went to the Super Bowl and had some solid years there, not sure what happened to him since, he has not looked like the same QB, however I do think he has that ability to be that kind of QB again in the right system, I don't think that is the Lions system.

MVP against our swiss cheese defense.  Why give up 5 when you can give up 15 yards?  

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
HOF’er after today?
Along with Hurts after last game

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I think he's better than most people think he is. He's accurate, but mistake prone and can be fooled easily. I think PF is right. He's a lesser version (much lesser version) of Kirk Cousins. 
He can be good in the right system with the right coach.  He reminds me more of a lesser version of Rodgers, always wanting to play hero ball.  

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
He can be good in the right system with the right coach.  He reminds me more of a lesser version of Rodgers, always wanting to play hero ball.  
As I've said before, and the more I see, the more I believe this. Forget all the tiers. There are only 3 types of QBs in the NFL: Those you can win a Super Bowl with, those you can't, and those for whom it's too early to say. I definitely put Goff in the first category. It'll be interesting to see what the Lions do in the draft next Spring.