Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No weather worries for MNF in Philly
78 degrees, 7 mph winds and very low chance of precipitation forecast at kickoff. Sounds good to me. 

2-0 sure would be a nice, pleasant and surprising start...

My concern on this D is how it's going to hold-up to the run and Philly's RPO is going to be a big test. Their DL is as good as GB's too.

Vikes win this one and my eye are really going to be opened wide

[Image: wide-eyes.jpg]

I really don't get any of the Philly hype, does Jalen Hurts really concern anyone.  AJ Brown is going to be tough to cover, but I don't see this team anywhere as good as the team we just beat.  I would be surprised if we did not beat them convincingly.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I really don't get any of the Philly hype, does Jalen Hurts really concern anyone.  AJ Brown is going to be tough to cover, but I don't see this team anywhere as good as the team we just beat.  I would be surprised if we did not beat them convincingly.  
I tend to agree with you about everything you said except in bold. I'm not scared of Hurts at all. But road games in places like Philly are tough. I am not expecting any kind of Viking's beatdown but I do think there's a small chance it could happen. I still think Minnesota loses this game but not because they aren't talented enough to win it. I think Philly has a good roster, but overhyped. 

I hate games where the weather sucks and then luck plays a big role. HATE it. I look up the weather all the time for Minnesota road games. Let the best team win because Mother Nature won't have a hand in it on MNF.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
I tend to agree with you about everything you said except in bold. I'm not scared of Hurts at all. But road games in places like Philly are tough. I am not expecting any kind of Viking's beatdown but I do think there's a small chance it could happen. I still think Minnesota loses this game but not because they aren't talented enough to win it. I think Philly has a good roster, but overhyped. 

I hate games where the weather sucks and then luck plays a big role. HATE it. I look up the weather all the time for Minnesota road games. Let the best team win because Mother Nature won't have a hand in it on MNF.
This is about where I'm at. I think the Vikings are the better team. I thought that against Green Bay too. In fact, I think the Vikings have had a top 5-8 roster two years running. 

That said, talent doesn't always win. And all the intangibles in this seem to favor the Eagles. Prime time, home opener....just really tough to win against a good team in that environment. And the Eagles are a good team. 

Just remembered this morning that I have to tickets to a concert at Red Rocks tomorrow. I'm not even going to be able to watch the game! LOL. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

Just remembered this morning that I have to tickets to a concert at Red Rocks tomorrow. I'm not even going to be able to watch the game! LOL. 
My son and his fiancé love concerts at Red Rocks. They learned the hard way that its cash only there for drinks, lol. Have a great time tomorrow! Who are you going to see?

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

My son and his fiancé love concerts at Red Rocks. They learned the hard way that its cash only there for drinks, lol. Have a great time tomorrow! Who are you going to see?
Wow, haven't been to Red Rocks since a Jackson Browne concert in the '70's.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

War on Drugs is the headliner, a band I like a lot, but we're more there for the opener, Alvvays. 

Aviation forecast shows it to be a bit warm and a 23% chance of rain. 

Looked really windy in a clip I saw a bit ago