Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gofundme Campaign for Caactorvike’s Daughter and Family
<script src='//funds.gofundme.com/js/5.0/media-widget.js'></script>

[Image: VF_Cares_Caator.jpg?fit=769%2C429]
Gofundme Campaign for Caactorvike’s Daughter and Family
Friends, I am sure many of you saw the recent news that our dear friend Caactorvike has posted recently about the bad news his family has received concerning their daughter. I cannot possibly recou…

Read the full story here

I will be maintaining the GoFundMe campaign drive. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Here is the direct link to the GoFundMe campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/4fl7ayw

<script src='//funds.gofundme.com/js/5.0/media-widget.js'></script>

[Image: 8096ac6a7aa51212d00090ebd5408089.jpg]

Please consider anything you can offer (and, yes prayers a well wishes are a wonderful donation).  There are several surgeries associated with this infection and Ivar's daughter will have some uncomfortable, and then boring times in the hospital.  We'd like to cheer her up during her likely 3-4 week stay in the hospital.

Thanks guys - my son had this issue, and it means the world as a parent to have a shoulder to hold you up during the uncertain recovery process

I like to think everyone for the wonderful kind wishes that have been sent our way. My daughter remains in critical condition in the ICU. She had an operation to remove the infected skin (more thN 50%of her body) and yesterday had an operation to protect her eyes. Tom his wife and son have been absolutely wonderful in helping us through this period. They went through it themselves. She remains on a ventilator.  all of this was the reaction to a medication. It happens in approximately six out of 1 million cases. We always knew she was one in a million.
 again thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. 
caactorvike (ivar)

Caact my brotha, I will donate soon as next paycheck comes in. Yes it's a paltry amount and I know you are skeptical of the power of prayer, but you still get them from me in the meantime. Love ya man.

6 out of 1 million cases and two parents on a Vikings board have shared the same experience. I'm so glad Tom and family have been able to help. That must mean a lot. Thank you for posting the update. Ivar, your family remains in my thoughts and wishes for a successful recovery.

thanks Nichelle. yeah, its a special board.  anf Loch my brotha--i know where your heart is--and thats what counts.save the $ for a trip out here or a reunion party there!

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
 I like to think everyone for the wonderful kind wishes that have been sent our way. My daughter remains in critical condition in the ICU. She had an operation to remove the infected skin (more thN 50%of her body) and yesterday had an operation to protect her eyes. Tom his wife and son have been absolutely wonderful in helping us through this period. They went through it themselves. She remains on a ventilator.  all of this was the reaction to a medication. It happens in approximately six out of 1 million cases. We always knew she was one in a million.
 again thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. 
caactorvike (ivar)
Damn, I was hoping for better news. My family will continue to hold your daughter up in our prayers. 

As I wrote, I prayed.