Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings QBOTF
....could be playing in Gainesville tonight. Kentucky visits Florida, pitting Will Levis against Anthony Richardson, both projected to be 1st round draft picks. 

Alabama QB looked very mortal today. And smallish. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Alabama QB looked very mortal today. And smallish. 
Yeah, I might be getting senile, but I think both of the top QBs, Young and Stroud, are a little overrated.

What I like about Levis is that he plays in a pro offense, a similar offense to what the Vikings use in fact. And, unlike the two above, he doesn't get ridiculous amounts of time, nor do his receivers get ridiculous separation. He's often forced to adjust in the pocket, improvise, look to 3rd and 4th reads, etc. IOW, his game might transfer to the NFL a little better. 

Levis looked ok in that game, but Richardson was awful! 

Young is a bit overrated. Alabama has some holes on the OL and the receiving corps has taken a step backward this year - will be interesting to see how Young handles the diminished talent around him. Richardson has a strong arm, little else. Reminds me a bit of Mond at A&M - makes some nice throws followed by several WTF plays. Levis not overly athletic and stays on his first read far too often but certainly a better prospect than Mond. Interesting, but as of now I wouldn't take him in the first (or second). Liked Stroud last year but he was not impressive against Notre Dame. He and Young are still a cut above but both have concerns. FWIW, Ewers was really impressive in his quarter of play yesterday.