Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garoppolo staying in SF

They saw enough of Lance this pre-season...to want a competent back-up.

The 49'er records with JG vs w/out is pretty eye opening too. 

What is hilarious to me is even though this is SO indicative on the 49ers insecurities with Lance, the media is spinning this like it has nothing to do with Lance. LMAO. The media love for Lance is just like with Tua in Miami: completely unfounded. JMO, but Tua is going to tank in Miami. Cant say that about Lance yet, but he's got a long way to go yet. Both guys are really good kids, but that's aside from what kind of pro QBs they'll be.

Too bad for Lance, but I'm not surprised by this.  It was a huge gamble drafting him that high.  I'm not saying Lance is a bust, but the guy played great in a running style offense at NDSU for only one season.  I'm not sure how that equates to being an NFL ready QB.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
What is hilarious to me is even though this is SO indicative on the 49ers insecurities with Lance, the media is spinning this like it has nothing to do with Lance. LMAO. The media love for Lance is just like with Tua in Miami: completely unfounded. JMO, but Tua is going to tank in Miami. Cant say that about Lance yet, but he's got a long way to go yet. Both guys are really good kids, but that's aside from what kind of pro QBs they'll be.
Lances problem is processing/pre read b4 the snap...That is a BIG problem

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

"Hold my beer....."

[Image: mondjob-1024x704.jpg]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

"Hold my beer....."

Not even comparable,  one was a 3rd round pick,   which was about right,  the other coat the niners...how many first round picks?

Either way,  the league needs to go back to developing QBs instead of rushing them into the mix to soon.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

"Hold my beer....."

Not even comparable,  one was a 3rd round pick,   which was about right,  the other coat the niners...how many first round picks?

Either way,  the league needs to go back to developing QBs instead of rushing them into the mix to soon.
Oh I think they're comparable...At least in terms of the biggest challenges they have making the leap to the nfl...Its not athleticism its the mental processing - and I'll thrown in accuracy too. 

I dont think the league will ever go back to giving this kids enough time...Too much $$ at stake. This is where Green Bay did an exemplary job drafting and curating Rogers. 

I suspect there was another team or 2 since then, trying to recall who did the QB incubator right since? 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

"Hold my beer....."

Oh I think they're comparable...At least in terms of the biggest challenges they have making the leap to the nfl...Its not athleticism its the mental processing - and I'll thrown in accuracy too. 

I dont think the league will ever go back to giving this kids enough time...Too much $$ at stake. This is where Green Bay did an exemplary job drafting and curating Rogers. 

I suspect there was another team or 2 since then, trying to recall who did the QB incubator right since? 
The rookie wage scale had taken away the salary argument IMO,  as far as a team doing the incubator, the chiefs made a move for Mahomes and then parked him for a year to learn guys like Mond and even Lance were to be 3 year projects all along by many.

Agree,  Mond and Lance are QB projects with odds against them every being great/good starters.  One was taken as a 3rd round flyer (added pick in a trade down) and the other was a "huge" investment.  

I was not a fan of Lance during the draft and had him as the 5th QB after Lawrence/wilson/fields/Jones and I was convinced predraft that the 49'ers were taking Jones.