Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bisi Johnson ACL

Huge bummer for him.  Did anyone see the injury last night?  Was it contact or non-contact?  Also, sounds like it was the opposite knee from the ACL tear he had last year.

Can't imagine how frustrating and discouraging that must be.

Bad for him.  Doesn't hurt the team one bit.  Now they don't have to decide on keeping him over someone with an upside.  Bisi in 2019 was all he was ever going to be. 

Though the Vikings' cautious approach with their starters kept their roster in good health before the start of the regular season, they couldn't escape their preseason finale without at least one major injury.After coach Kevin O'Connell said Saturday night he was worried about the knee injury Bisi Johnson sustained on a special teams play, a MRI on Sunday showed the wide receiver tore his anterior cruciate ligament and will be out for the season. Johnson has now torn ACLs in both of his knees in back-to-back seasons; he spent the 2021 season rehabbing from knee surgery after getting injured on a practice drill early in training camp.
"It's unfortunate, because he's had a really good training camp and done everything we've asked of him in multiple spots," O'Connell said after the game on Saturday night. "He's earned a right, in my opinion, to be on our football team. If it comes down to him physically being unable to play, we'll love him up and make sure that whenever we can get him healthy he'll be back ready to go."
Johnson, a seventh-round pick in 2019, caught 45 passes as a rookie. He'd caught just 14 balls in 2020, and was trying to regain a larger role on the team when he was injured last season. It appeared he would be one of the receivers on the Vikings' 53-man roster after final cuts on Tuesday; instead, the Lakewood, Colo., native will spend the last season of his rookie deal recovering from surgery after getting injured in his home state on Saturday night
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-wr-b...600201848/

I think it was going to be an uphill battle for him to make the roster anyways. Would rather keep Nailor and see what the upside is with him 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I think it was going to be an uphill battle for him to make the roster anyways. Would rather keep Nailor and see what the upside is with him 
Last thing I read on Nailor was that he was being evaluated for possible concussion...

Sucks for Bisi, probably would have made the final 53

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
^

This is really brutal news for Bisi. All the work he’s put in to get ready for the season, and now it starts all over again.  I wish him well and a speedy recovery. He’s a talented receiver and I’m pulling for him to weather this and come back and claim his spot as a Viking WR. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Sucks for Bisi, probably would have made the final 53
Yeah, he would've made it. Even KOC said that. Hope he can get over this...the mental setback as much as the physical one. Feel horrible for him. And to have it happen AGAIN in front of his friends and family makes it even worse. Johnson was born and went to high school in Denver.