Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punt God in deep shit

It's more than just having sex, isn't it? I mean, good people can disagree about the statutory laws. In some states 17 and 21 would not even be illegal. But this isn't about that. From what I read yesterday, it's about him and his two buddies gang raping a girl. 

But so much I don't know about this. Why is it a civil case? What happened to the criminal one? And why did the Bills cut his only competition AFTER they found out about the allegations? Disturbing story. 

What's also disturbing about all of this is that the Bills knew about this weeks ago before it became public, and even cut the guy he was competing against during that time, basically naming this d-bag the team's punter for the season.

There's been no arrests or a criminal case filed for a reason, and that's because there's simply not enough evidence to charge anybody. If what this woman is alleging happened, happened, then that's awful. But I also don't discount the possibility that this is simply a young woman looking for a pay out and is taking this matter to civil court only now that Araiza is going to be on an NFL roster. It's the same thing with DeShaun Watson. People say, "oh there can't be this many people making up a lie so it must be true"...when anybody paying attention knows that when it comes to money or agendas, people will say damn near anything. Don't be so quick to pass judgement 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
There's been no arrests or a criminal case filed for a reason, and that's because there's simply not enough evidence to charge anybody. If what this woman is alleging happened, happened, then that's awful. But I also don't discount the possibility that this is simply a young woman looking for a pay out and is taking this matter to civil court only now that Araiza is going to be on an NFL roster. It's the same thing with DeShaun Watson. People say, "oh there can't be this many people making up a lie so it must be true"...when anybody paying attention knows that when it comes to money or agendas, people will say damn near anything. Don't be so quick to pass judgement 
We are quick here with the justice. Case closed. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
We are quick here with the justice. Case closed. 
Nothing new there. I just can't with this bs. Some people see a money grab but some don't trust the criminal justice system. It's awful. Some see a civil case as a form of justice.  25 in 1,000 rapists will go to prison in the United States (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice). National Sexual Violence Resource Center reports 1 in 5 women and 1 in 4 men (between 11-17) are victims of completed or attempted rape.

Some argue that rape is hard to prove, the old he said she said. Some people say if she didn't put up a fight it's not rape. Some will say if she changed her mind, it's not rape. Rape myths and victim blaming are also a factor. What was she wearing? Was she drunk? Did she provoke him?  Also the backlog of rape kits and the poor storage, tracking and/or testing of rape kits are an issue. There are a lot of factors at play. There is also putting the victim on trial and that experience is very traumatizing. This is just the tip of the iceberg. 

First off, he already admitted to having sex of some sort with an underage girl, which is illegal. Second, I’ve seen photos of her after the incident with bruising around her neck and on her legs.  She also reported the incident immediately, long before he was ever drafted, so it’s not like she just came out and made these accusations out of nowhere now. And again, she’s a 17 year old girl, so my initial reaction is not going to be to label her a gold-digger.

At the VERY least, not a good look on the Bills part to name this guy as your starter who looks to have committed statutory rape at the bare minimum, and quite possibly many other crimes.

Feel free to give him the benefit of the doubt all you want, but with allegations this serious surrounding someone on the Vikings, I’d for sure want the team to get all of the facts and have this play out in court before they’d even let him suit up, let alone hand him the starting gig, even if he can punt the football 80 yards. 

Bills have released him, guess we'll see where this goes from here. 

Our very own purple punt god tagged a beautiful kick last night....

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Bills have released him, guess we'll see where this goes from here. 
Well, its a PR nightmare for them...

Either they got some inside scoop and/or he may have lied to them early on vs what they know today. We may never know for sure.