Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyron Smith likely out for season
Big blow to the Boys.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...94530?s=20&t=48YKFBuoTFfczG_lMmLF4w

That's a tough one. And hammys are notoriously slow to recover and can easily be re-tweeked. He's done for the year, despite the optimism in that tweet: LONG recovery time.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
That's a tough one. And hammys are notoriously slow to recover and can easily be re-tweeked. He's done for the year, despite the optimism in that tweet: LONG recovery time.
Yeah, it's torn not pulled. Even when it heals, he's several weeks away from trusting it. Interesting that one of their backup LTs is Aviante Collins. 

He is having a real hard time staying on the field.  Hasn't played in 16 games since 2015.  Only 2 games in 2020 and 11 in 2021.   After 10 years his body is breaking down.  Too bad as he is a complete stud player.

And IMO McCarthy is on the hot seat already in Dallas. This won't help their cause. I aint no Cowboys fan, but I never wish injuries on teams...Hate to hear when stuff like this happens. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
And IMO McCarthy is on the hot seat already in Dallas. This won't help their cause. I aint no Cowboys fan, but I never wish injuries on teams...Hate to hear when stuff like this happens. 
Agree...the minute you start Schadenfreuding over shit like this, it happens to you. God knows, the Vikings have had their share of this over the last couple seasons. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

......never say never.....theres always the Packers

just read a report that it was tore off the bone.. if that is the case I dont see anyway he can return this year.  I had a pretty severe hammy tear, and while I am no professional athlete,  I know it took nearly a year for it to heal and it still feels off when I am cold and try and run.... and thats been over 20 years.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
just read a report that it was tore off the bone.. if that is the case I dont see anyway he can return this year.  I had a pretty severe hammy tear, and while I am no professional athlete,  I know it took nearly a year for it to heal and it still feels off when I am cold and try and run.... and thats been over 20 years.

It’s an Avulsion fracture, tear took part of the bone w/ it, ouch…!