Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pissed off post
I’m pretty sure this staff had their minds made up before the season ever started as to who was going to be on the roster and their preferred candidates for the practice squad. Just like to see more from some people that have potential than hand picked guys not doing a thing and making the team anyways.

Come on Waterboy, you've never been shy sharing your opinion...  Who are the players you're referring to?

Ok so you don't like the roster for whatever reason, you don't know what their plan is and you assume that they had favorites. Of course they had to make some decisions about the roster before the season starts and they have a plan, we have to wait and see how it plays out. 

I get the Athletic and there were a few names they said had been doing some good things and standing out in drills, but never played that I saw.  The position that stood out to me because of allegiance is TE.  Davidson has been horrible, but still in the game with 4 mins left in the game.  Being an iowa guy, I love Beyers potential but not one snap while Davidson didnt block, dropped numerous balls, and fell over his own feet.  They pointed out in the Athletic Beyer as the only TE doing anything against the 49ers in joint practices.  i was at the game so i may have missed some plays but many of the names on the field have been out there many times before with poor results. id rather see some  guys down the depth chart getting more time than watching the same clowns.  I think the Mannion effect was hitting me last night and realizing we only had two options was somewhat frustrating at qb as well.  it was a very boring game even by preseason standards.  

Zimmer isn't the coach anymore.  He had his starters picked out during OTA's and they would only lose their spot due to injury.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
   it was a very boring game even by preseason standards.  
Big time. Stupidly boring. But so is all preseason football, but yeah I agree that game just sucked to watch. 

But who's taking concrete things from preseason football? I think any criticism that will come, and it should if its warranted, can't really happen before 4 games anyway. New offense and defense. New staff. Has to be a honeymoon period. It probably should be 8 games, but fans won't wait that long to judge. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Waterboy said:
Big time. Stupidly boring. But so is all preseason football, but yeah I agree that game just sucked to watch. 

But who's taking concrete things from preseason football? I think any criticism that will come, and it should if its warranted, can't really happen before 4 games anyway. New offense and defense. New staff. Has to be a honeymoon period. It probably should be 8 games, but fans won't wait that long to judge. 
A lot of truth in your points. However, I have been around a lot of team environments where coaches come to absolute decisions on personnel matters based on very incomplete information. By watching just two preseason games, its been pretty obvious that Davidson is all projection and no production yet Muse has barely seen the field on O and Beyer not at all.  Thats not going to cut it over the long term. 

Irv “glass” Smith is going to start all 20 games and catch the SB winning TD anyway. What difference does it make who the backup TE is?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Waterboy said:

I can only DVR games anymore...

I got through last nights game in a little over an hour. I've been a season tix holder since Warren Moon was tossing passes around the metrodome. 

I think thats the last time I went to a pre-season game too lol! I give my pre-season tix to people who will appreciate the opportunity to go and may not go to a game at all if they had to pay nfl prices.