Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Davidson sucks.
Haven't seen any of them but Ellefson and Davidson.  Seems like they’ve made their choices based on “analytics”.  Good to know on an already weak spot. But he’s fast. He cant run routes or catch the ball but his 40 time is good.  maybe with 4 mins left, he’ll get one more chance to suck. 

I think he’s sealed his fate. There’s a discussion of Ham and personally, I’d keep him before I’d keep many of these TE’s.

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I think he’s sealed his fate. There’s a discussion of Ham and personally, I’d keep him before I’d keep many of these TE’s.
We’ve not even seen one of the TE’s and only a few plays of the other.  Ham is a good player but not really useful in this offense.  My hope is Davidson is cut this week and Beyer and Muse battle it out for a spot.  Davidson shouldn’t be a part of the discussion.   The Athletic wrote up Beyer as someone who stood out in practices against the 49ers and said Davidson was awful in all three phases of the game last night.   

The staff was never tied to Davidson, they were giving an athletic and raw guy with upside some chances. He can't catch. You can't trust a guy who can't catch. He won't be making the final roster. Probably on the PS. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@Havoc1649 said:
We’ve not even seen one of the TE’s and only a few plays of the other.  Ham is a good player but not really useful in this offense.  My hope is Davidson is cut this week and Beyer and Muse battle it out for a spot.  Davidson shouldn’t be a part of the discussion.   The Athletic wrote up Beyer as someone who stood out in practices against the 49ers and said Davidson was awful in all three phases of the game last night.   
considering we have seen nothing but vanilla play calling, how does anybody know what this offense really is?  KOC himself was quoted as saying that he has a role for Ham,  but do you really use him in preseason when you are really only going through the motions to get a look at guys that arent likely to make the team,  or are fringe players at best?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The staff was never tied to Davidson, they were giving an athletic and raw guy with upside some chances. He can't catch. You can't trust a guy who can't catch. He won't be making the final roster. Probably on the PS. 
Shouldn't even be there.   He's horrible.  I hope that this has been a last audition for him and he goes elsewhere.  I think there's a couple of talented TE's who haven't got reps that should be getting a practice squad shot before him.  He's not good.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@Havoc1649 said:
considering we have seen nothing but vanilla play calling, how does anybody know what this offense really is?  KOC himself was quoted as saying that he has a role for Ham,  but do you really use him in preseason when you are really only going through the motions to get a look at guys that arent likely to make the team,  or are fringe players at best?
I think there's value in seeing who chokes versus who steps up during the games.  Smith-Marsette steps up, but shouldn't be your punt returner.  Davidson sucked to begin with and has thoroughly proven that, and been given too much time to do so.  Hopefully he's cut by tomorrow, and we see more of Beyer and Muse next week.  If either is cut, it's a travesty at this point. 

Vikes will be holding on to this clown the way it sounds.  Unreal.  At least through this cut...   Guess he hasn't proven how bad he sucks enough for them at this point. Smile

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I think there's value in seeing who chokes versus who steps up during the games.  Smith-Marsette steps up, but shouldn't be your punt returner.  Davidson sucked to begin with and has thoroughly proven that, and been given too much time to do so.  Hopefully he's cut by tomorrow, and we see more of Beyer and Muse next week.  If either is cut, it's a travesty at this point. 
we have seen 2 meaningless games,  the coaches have seen OTAs, mini camps, a couple dozen practices,  etc.  I am not impressed with Davidson either,  but if he is still getting run over other guys then there has to be a reason,  I dont think KOC has shown any reason to assume otherwise.  Maybe your guy hasnt shown competence in the play book or route tree?  maybe his blocking is suspect?  I dont know for sure why,  but I think its a bit early to be calling for any young players head.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Waterboy said:
@Havoc1649 said:
we have seen 2 meaningless games,  the coaches have seen OTAs, mini camps, a couple dozen practices,  etc.  I am not impressed with Davidson either,  but if he is still getting run over other guys then there has to be a reason,  I dont think KOC has shown any reason to assume otherwise.  Maybe your guy hasnt shown competence in the play book or route tree?  maybe his blocking is suspect?  I dont know for sure why,  but I think its a bit early to be calling for any young players head.
And maybe I have some sources you don't ??  There's a difference between not doing it which is where Davidson sits in nearly all areas you allude to, and not being given opportunities in any of the areas you lay out.  Neither Muse nor Beyer have.  Neither has seen much or any time in practice, and I KNOW at least one of them will be cut today.  Bottom line, the rotation and reps were determined before some of these guys ever put the pads on, and the Vikings wasted everyone's time in ever drafting or signing them.  Comparatively, other teams have open competitions.  That has not been the case with the bottom of the roster in this camp.  The good news is it seems like there has been some openness to change at the top.