Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The CJ Ham Conundrum
He's a FB. The Rams didn't use a FB. The RB stable is FULL of studs. KOC has sung the praises of Ham. 

I love Ham and he's more than a FB. He was a RB in college and he's got more moves than an average NFL FB. My opinion? Trade Mattison and don't cut the Hamster. Maybe you only get a 5th. With Nwangwu and Chandler and then Ham, what would you be missing without Mattison? I think Ham is a favorite amongst members of the team. JMO.

This guy is ready for RB#2:

https://www.vikings.com/team/players-ros...e-nwangwu/

Hmmmm....that's pretty severe. I really like the security of knowing we don't lose much when Mattison comes in. Could Ham, Kene and Ty give us the same security? They looked good, but hard to say after one preseason game. 

I think trading Ham makes more sense. Teams who use FBs might be interested if one goes down. And we could use Ty and Kenny in the non-blocking packages that would normally feature Ham. The best part, we keep our RB2. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Hmmmm....that's pretty severe. I really like the security of knowing we don't lose much when Mattison comes in. Could Ham, Kene and Ty give us the same security? They looked good, but hard to say after one preseason game. 

I think trading Ham makes more sense. Teams who use FBs might be interested if one goes down. And we could use Ty and Kenny in the non-blocking packages that would normally feature Ham. The best part, we keep our RB2. 
Youre not getting much more then ham sandwich for him. Every team out there knows he probably doesn’t have a spot on our team. 

The Rams didn’t utilize a FB, but they used TE’s as lead blockers, Ham will be useful in this offense…

Quote: @Kentis said:
The Rams didn’t utilize a FB, but they used TE’s as lead blockers, Ham will be useful in this offense…
I agree,  unless one of our TEs shows and real willingness to be a battering ram,  I dont see Ham going anywhere.

Good to hear many think we can keep the Hammer. 

I see us going short at TE before Ham goes anywhere. He’s simply a better player than our TE’s and very good in the passing and blocking game. It really doesn’t matter if he comes out of the backfield or lines up at a traditional TE spot. He may be big for a RB, but he has quick feet and good speed. He’s shown the ability to get open and make plays in the receiving game.

I guess for me, I’d love a guy with Ham’s skill set on my team to create some plays for. He’s been underutilized in my opinion. 

I don’t really have a deep understanding of how the Rams or
KOC used their blockers.  I just don’t
think Ham has shown that he could be a receiver as a TE.  I think you’d be better off trying to find a training
camp cut at TE than force fit Ham into the TE role or redevelop the offense to
use a FB.  I also don’t think he’s a HB
either any more than a goalline/short yardage back.  If KOC has plans for using a FB, great, keep
him.  If not, trade him or cut him so he
can find a different team sooner rather than later.