Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Cousins just turned 34 years old
The 2023 Draft will be the perfect time for Minnesota to nab his heir apparent. Not trying to push Cousins out the door, but the time is here to start planning. Next year should be a good year to need the get the NEXT QB for your team with the talent coming out. No doubt Kirk can play well for the next 2 seasons. I think the new regime will be very excited to draft the QB type THEY want for their offensive strategy.

I am all for drafting a QB every year until you have your QB of the future on your roster.  Would have like to have taken a shot at Willis in the 3rd this past year.  Next year's draft definitely looks promising, the only thing is that it will challenging to move up from 32  =)

Tough getting a great first round QB when drafting 32nd after our first SB win!  Yes, yes, I have been drinking purple Koolaid this morning!

On a more serious note, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out relative to Mond's future on the team, Cousins success with new system, and KOC+KAM decisions about the 2023 draft.  Shrug, no crystal ball here but hoping for the best as always!

We better pray....PRAY for Kirk's health this season.

[Image: 46308372.jpg]

Should would be nice having the upside of Willis on the team. Can spend a high 3rd round pick on Mond, but better avoid making that mistake again…

Two words: Will Levis. Whatever it takes. 

There are a lot of NFL front offices banking on next years QB crop. It will be very interesting to see how a KAM led team manages the opportunities. How aggressive will they get?

I suspect this team is going to finish anywhere from 8-11 wins....So their challenge in that scenario would be how to move up from 13-18 into a top 3 or 5 slot?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
There are a lot of NFL front offices banking on next years QB crop. It will be very interesting to see how a KAM led team manages the opportunities. How aggressive will they get?

I suspect this team is going to finish anywhere from 8-11 wins....So their challenge in that scenario would be how to move up from 13-18 into a top 3 or 5 slot?
If they love a guy next year, then go get 'em. If the QB pans out, then its worth it. Do you think Buffalo regrets moving up for Josh Allen? Yeah, I get it....don't be a Chicago and Trubisky. But there's going to be a QB next Spring that will be drafted in the #10-#25 range that is going to become extremely good in the NFL, let's have the Vikings go get that person. This is where KAM's analytics kick in....you can fill a roster up on the lower half with analytics, but analytics will show you that hitting the lottery on a QB in today's NFL is worth the compensation required to do it. Easily surpasses it actually. You can recover from a swing and a miss, we see teams do it all the time because you are immediately rewarded from a draft perspective by sucking during those year of the miss. But to hit a home run is hard to quantify: its usually 10-13 straight years of competing on a real level to win it all. A complete option to win your conference, year after year when you draft a Justin Herbert. He was #6 overall. That's a big difference than trying to get up to a top 2 pick. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bil...0a15f.html

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

I have a feeling it's worse than you think. And better in one way. If that makes sense.

More likely we'll need to move up from the mid-to-late 20s. The good thing is that there will be a lot more QBs to choose from. One analyst thinks as many as 10 QBs could go in the first round. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

I have a feeling it's worse than you think. And better in one way. If that makes sense.

More likely we'll need to move up from the mid-to-late 20s. The good thing is that there will be a lot more QBs to choose from. One analyst thinks as many as 10 QBs could go in the first round. 
Thats crazy - and almost makes up for 1 QB drafted in rd 1 this past year.