Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers Frustrated with Drops
Best part? He's not even talking about Christian Watson, who struggles with drops and did so again in OTAs. Watson's been on the PUP.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3440...-receivers
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The expiration date on Aaron Rodgers ' patience with the Green Bay Packers ' young pass-catchers must have read Aug. 16.
For the first time since losing Davante Adams this offseason, Rodgers expressed frustration with the group.
"The young guys, especially young receivers, we've got to be way more consistent," Rodgers said. "A lot of drops, a lot of bad route decisions, running the wrong route. We've got to get better in that area."

"You keep dropping the ball, you're not going to be out there. It's going to be the most reliable guys that are out there. The preparation and the job responsibility is most important. There's going to be physical mistakes, like we've talked about, but if you're going out there and dropping the ball and somebody else behind you is in the right spot all the time and catching the ball, that guy's going to play."

I'm sure he's right.....but this just puts added pressure on them mentally to say it to the media. Its like the yips: adding pressure doesn't help the situation.

[Image: 0f5a77x2gwts.gif]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'm sure he's right.....but this just puts added pressure on them mentally to say it to the media. Its like the yips: adding pressure doesn't help the situation.
It never helped Zims kickers.

It must be going on enough where Rogers decided to put it out there publicly and put those kids on notice...

Its good stuff! 

et tu, Greg? 

https://twitter.com/The33rdTeamFB/status...39973?s=20&t=b5kere9m2rDOJHpS7uXlRw

Man, the difference between 8 wins vs 10/11 is hard to predict...

No way I'd put $ on how the Vikings will do this year - total crapshoot. 

He could take them on an Ayahuasca trip to help them discover why their inner pass-catching selves keep getting the dropsies.  Just a helpful suggestion  B).

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Man, the difference between 8 wins vs 10/11 is hard to predict...

No way I'd put $ on how the Vikings will do this year - total crapshoot. 
I think it was a 10-12 win team last year...that faltered mostly due to key injuries and a head coach who became more liability than asset. If we can avoid key injuries, this can be a team that wins 12 games. 

Yup, the only thing better then the Bears implosion is the king bitch, bitching about Green Bay.  Loving every minute of it.