Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefon and I agree on this one...
https://twitter.com/mnstatefair/status/1...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Ffannation%2Fbringmethesports%2Fvikings%2Fstefon-diggs-is-craving-the-minnesota-state-fair

Never been, but I've heard about it. The upper midwest seems to be best at that sort of thing. No idea why. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Never been, but I've heard about it. The upper midwest seems to be best at that sort of thing. No idea why. 
Better funnel cakes and everything you could imagine to eat on a stick.

https://twitter.com/stefondiggs/status/1...3619373056

Iowa State Fair completely kicks the Minnesota State Fair's ass.   The reason why the trees in Iowa lean to the north?  Minnesota sucks and Missouri blows!  They say if you give the bottom two tiers of counties in Iowa to Missouri it would raise the collective I.Q.s in both states!  HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Quote: @Chuckf said:
Iowa State Fair completely kicks the Minnesota State Fair's ass.   The reason why the trees in Iowa lean to the north?  Minnesota sucks and Missouri blows!  They say if you give the bottom two tiers of counties in Iowa to Missouri it would raise the collective I.Q.s in both states!  HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I've actually heard that Iowa's is the country's best. Never been. 

the Iowa State Fair has some real down home attractions.From today's DM Register front page.
[Image: ajax-request.php?val=Image_0.jpg&action=...e=55113EA3]Iowa State Patrol Sgt. Alex Dinkla prepares to wipe chocolate sauce from a toilet seat during the outhouse races Tuesday.

And no one should miss the Iowa wine tent.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
the Iowa State Fair has some real down home attractions.From today's DM Register front page.
[Image: ajax-request.php?val=Image_0.jpg&action=...e=55113EA3]Iowa State Patrol Sgt. Alex Dinkla prepares to wipe chocolate sauce from a toilet seat during the outhouse races Tuesday.

And no one should miss the Iowa wine tent.
lol, the audience looks captivated. 

I've actually heard the Texas state fair is ridiculous followed by Minnesotas...not sure the metric for grading state fairs,  but IIRC from something I read a while back Texas was 1,  Minny was 2,  honestly though,  as long as there are corn dogs,  good corn dogs,  I really don't give a shit what state I'm in.
( often its a drunken one if the concerts are good)

When I was a kid up in Minnesota, my brothers and I used to go to the state fair and show some of our cattle from out family farm.  During the off time from the grooming, feeding, milking and showing of cattle, we be all over the place.  Honestly, you cannot see and do everything in one day.  Probably the most awesome and thrilling thing to ever happen to a young farm boy.

When we moved back, and the kids were young we used to do both.  I always thought the MN fair was better, but since I had a few "experiences" introducing my new German relatives to Iowa culture, I think it has more to do who you are with than anything else. Food wise they both score high on the re-flux scale.