Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT Blake Brandel
Word on the street is the Vikings like this kid....maybe even as the top backup swing OT. Seems to have had a decent game on Sunday. 6th round pick from 2020. 

Hes  a very good  football player.

If he retires a viking in 10 years with 3-4 Superbowl rings I'd be pretty geek"d.

Every time he plays he impresses. I think the best competition on the OL isn't Davis and Ingram. That's probably over. It's between Brandel and Udoh for swing tackle. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Every time he plays he impresses. I think the best competition on the OL isn't Davis and Ingram. That's probably over. It's between Brandel and Udoh for swing tackle. 
Agreed, and I think the longer the competition goes on, the more that Brandel will slowly pull away. Udoh should never have been played at OG, he's an OT. This may have stunted his development and it may show in this matchup. Shows how important the practice squad can be as Brandel sat there his entire rookie season. Smartly, Brandel has added weight and muscle to his frame since college and this was one of his negatives coming out. New Viking's staff say he's 'ahead of the curve'.

Brandel had a 79.0 grade in pass pro and a 90.9 run blocking grade on Sunday.