Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could be the year of the center.....
Clevland just looks like they lost their center.....Tampa could be looking for a center, and Vikings need one also.  Better get them while you can.  Could be run on centers real quick.

Injuries happen every TC and preseason. Zach Wilson of the Jets looks done for the year after a non contact knee injury last night just scrambling. Its just bad luck. This is why I like KOC's view of TC and giving vets breaks. It can't cure all injury possibilities but it cuts down on it. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Injuries happen every TC and preseason. Zach Wilson of the Jets looks done for the year after a non contact knee injury last night just scrambling. Its just bad luck. This is why I like KOC's view of TC and giving vets breaks. It can't cure all injury possibilities but it cuts down on it. 
Hoping Wilson is just a PCL and not the dreaded ACL. 2nd year QB, full of promise, that just sucks as a fan. Hate to see it.

As far as center goes, I don't think there's anything out there that is an immediate upgrade from Bradbury. If we want one, we're going to have to trade for one. 

You can’t blame Koc and company for thinking they might be able to help turn around a 4th yr 1st rounder. The teams he’s been a coach of have recently done so, but all reports out of camp is Bradbury is even more terrible then ussual. 

The positive to take away from this is maybe the rest of the line looks so good Bradbury looks bad relatively speaking?

At this point, I bet they roll with him because theres just not going to be good ones available for less then a king’s ransom.  

Quote: @Mighty mouse said:
Clevland just looks like they lost their center.....Tampa could be looking for a center, and Vikings need one also.  Better get them while you can.  Could be run on centers real quick.
Can we get a 4th for Bradbury? 

There simply aren’t any upgrades available in free agency or by trade. Bradbury is getting piled on right now, but for all the pressures he gave up, they only resulted in 2 sacks. As a run blocker he is actually very good and one of the best in the league on the move.

There are a lot of options available to KOC and company to mitigate Bradbury’s specific weaknesses. 
In my opinion, the angst about center is a little overblown at this point. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
There simply aren’t any upgrades available in free agency or by trade. Bradbury is getting piled on right now, but for all the pressures he gave up, they only resulted in 2 sacks. As a run blocker he is actually very good and one of the best in the league on the move.
There are a lot of options available to KOC and company to mitigate Bradbury’s specific weaknesses. 
Bradbury is now the poster child for weakest link...Fair or not. The Vikings not picking up his option turned up the spotlight lumens on him amongst the fanbase.

I agree, I think (I hope) a potentially savvier Offensive staff can help mitigate his weaknesses most games. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I agree that it's overblown. That's what fans do. They overreact. About everything.

But there's a part of me that thinks Cousins can have an MVP-type season in this offense if Darrisaw, Cleveland, Ingram and O'Neill continue on their trajectories...and Bradbury improves in pass pro just a little bit. I think he can--and the scheme can help achieve that--but if he doesn't, it could be the one thing holding this offense back. 

Joel Bitonio wonders whether JC Tretter is being blackballed for his stance on player safety
[Image: GettyImages-1176904243-e1660497082256.jp...316&crop=1]
Getty Images
Colin Kaepernick may have some company.
Free-agent center JC Tretter, who also happens to be the NFL Players Association’s president, remains available, in the middle of August. Former Browns teammate Joel Bitonio suggests that Tretter’s role as a vocal advocate for player safety could be contributing to his ongoing unemployment.
“When you have a guy that’s top-five, top-10 at center in the league and he’s not on a roster, you know, and he’s the NFLPA president and maybe some of the owners don’t appreciate what he brings to the table on certain topics when he’s trying to protect player safety and things of that nature, it seems a little suspicious to me,” Bitonio said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “But, again, I don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors. I don’t know what his conversations have been with teams and stuff, but just from an outside perspective usually players that are close to the top of their game get picked up. Teams want to win in this league. So it’s an interesting topic, for sure.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/14/joel-bitonio-wonders-whether-jc-tretter-is-being-blackballed-for-his-stance-on-player-safety/

This opinion could very well be an accurate one. I have thought it was weird that he hasn't found a place somewhere in the league.