Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRIB: Peterson likes the switch to more zone on D
https://www.startribune.com/vikingspatri...600196503/

Ingram steps inSecond-round draft pick Ed Ingram has impressed coaches so far and continues to get sporadic reps with the first-team offense at right guard, where 30-year-old veteran Jesse Davis got a scheduled off day on Sunday. Ingram took every rep with the starting offense as Davis, the presumed starter, watched from the sideline.
Ingram has been "really strong early in camp," O'Connell said. Emphasis on strong, Phillips added.
"He's very stout," Phillips said. "He's got a great anchor. Late in the rush when he gets on an edge, he's athletic enough to get his feet on the ground and push guys out of the pocket, create some expansion in the pocket. We're really pleased with where he's at."

Reed working behind BradburyVeteran guard Chris Reed continued to work as the second-team center. Garrett Bradbury took every rep as the starting center a day after O'Connell said "there's still competition" at that spot. Reed, who has started 29 games at guard in his NFL career, is a viable option because he's "shown mentally that he knows the game and that he can communicate," according to Phillips.

I read that headline and all I see is Peterson likes the switch.... I think we already knew that about him didnt we?