Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reed Backup Plan at Center?
Been reading a lot about this in articles like THIS.  Basically, that Reed has moved to center because Bradbury has struggled in camp. I think that's what the team wants you to believe. I think the truth might be slightly different. 

Dustin Baker and a couple others have mentioned this as well, but I'll take it a little bit further: I think the plan all along was Chris Reed at center, and the only people who knew that were the team, Chris Reed and his agent.

Ugh....We spent a #18 pick on Bradbury too.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Spielman did. Just one more reason he is no longer here.

I just read that KO said C is an open competition. If Bradbury doesn’t even start this year that’s pretty brutal. Idc who it is, hopefully SOMEONE can step up. 

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
His drafts had nothing to do with that. On balance, easily one of the top drafting GMs in the league. His radio silence with Zimmer and letting that situation get out of hand, along with Zim's relationship with the starting QB, is why he was let go....and rightfully so. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I just read that KO said C is an open competition. If Bradbury doesn’t even start this year that’s pretty brutal. Idc who it is, hopefully SOMEONE can step up. 
Right guards are a dime a dozen. And the Vikings brought in two? Weird, especially when the LG is set and the C is going into his final season. Free agency ends, still no center. Then the draft comes and the Vikings draft....not a single center, but ANOTHER RG, at a starting slot in the 2nd round. Can he play center, all of us wondered? Probably irrelevant. Seems clear now he's competition/eventual replacement for Jesse Davis at RG. 
Center looks like a competition between Reed and Bradbury. I guess there's a chance their plan is to give Bradbury help inside, the results of which won't be evident in 1v1 camp battles, but it wouldn't surprise me if Reed emerges as the starter there...if'n he can prove reliable snapping the ball.  

Bradbury is undersized. He's got his ass handed to him consistently. Is this news? No, it isn't. FIX THE FUCKING PROBLEM. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Bradbury is undersized. He's got his ass handed to him consistently. Is this news? No, it isn't. FIX THE FUCKING PROBLEM. 

Bad Daiquiri in South Florida, Stick? :-) Take heart in the fact that we have Kirk Cousins Classic and not one of the new recipes....

https://twitter.com/D_Edman1995/status/1...17088?s=20&t=LkBxYdAWKm1jQ0P9rIHdbg

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Bad Daiquiri in South Florida, Stick? :-) Take heart in the fact that we have Kirk Cousins Classic and not one of the new recipes....

https://twitter.com/D_Edman1995/status/1...17088?s=20&t=LkBxYdAWKm1jQ0P9rIHdbg

lol, is there such a thing as a bad daiquiri? Nah, just seeing the same narrative on Mr. Bradbury. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
His drafts had nothing to do with that. On balance, easily one of the top drafting GMs in the league. His radio silence with Zimmer and letting that situation get out of hand, along with Zim's relationship with the starting QB, is why he was let go....and rightfully so. 
We all sensed dead men walking long before the news of Rick and Zims falling out became public.

I think Ricks inability to put protection in front of Cousins very much put him on the hot seat,   if you are zyg and you are sold a bill of goods on a player and then the salesman comes back year after year with the same excuse as to why that player didn't do what he was supposed to do for your team....that had to create heat.  So in a way failing to fix the OL either through the draft or FA quite possibly had an effect on Ricks termination,   I think the Zim shit just sealed it up with a bow for Zygi.