Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marshall out of consideration for HOF...again
Absolute joke, should already be in.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2022/7/27/...ta-vikings

[Image: giphy.gif]

I have given up on the HOF.  If the original Iron Man with all those sacks, all those years of performing at a high level doesn't qualify, then it is just stupid.  They only care about who will sell tickets.  The NFL is such a money sucking swamp.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I have given up on the HOF.  If the original Iron Man with all those sacks, all those years of performing at a high level doesn't qualify, then it is just stupid.  They only care about who will sell tickets.  The NFL is such a money sucking swamp.
even go back to the arguments for Chuck Foreman,  Tom found mountains of statistical evidence that shows that Foreman is not only worthy, but in fact much more so than many who are already inducted,  but he cant even get a wiff of support.  Ive got older friends who have been life long fans of other teams that talk about Chuck as being one of their favorites to watch back in their younger years.  they talk of him the way I talk of Walter or my brother talks about Sanders.  I was to young to remember Chucks prime years,  but if he had that much buzz with people of the era, and still has them talking 50 years later.... how is he not in the HOF with the credentials he has?

I have a co-worker ( who grew up an Eagles fan )  that set college records in the 80s as a QB,  played in NFL Europe,  and the only thing he has football related on display... his personalized autographed CF picture.   He doesnt like to talk about his own playing days,  but talking about watching CF as a kid,  that gets him fired up.

if those players from the 70s Vikings had even 1 ring.... that HOF would have to have been moved to Minneapolis for all the players the Vikes would have in there,  a whole era of players getting overlooked for not being able to win 1 game.

[Image: xgmri9fqp0s0.gif]

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
even go back to the arguments for Chuck Foreman,  Tom found mountains of statistical evidence that shows that Foreman is not only worthy, but in fact much more so than many who are already inducted,  but he cant even get a wiff of support.  Ive got older friends who have been life long fans of other teams that talk about Chuck as being one of their favorites to watch back in their younger years.  they talk of him the way I talk of Walter or my brother talks about Sanders.  I was to young to remember Chucks prime years,  but if he had that much buzz with people of the era, and still has them talking 50 years later.... how is he not in the HOF with the credentials he has?

I have a co-worker ( who grew up an Eagles fan )  that set college records in the 80s as a QB,  played in NFL Europe,  and the only thing he has football related on display... his personalized autographed CF picture.   He doesnt like to talk about his own playing days,  but talking about watching CF as a kid,  that gets him fired up.

if those players from the 70s Vikings had even 1 ring.... that HOF would have to have been moved to Minneapolis for all the players the Vikes would have in there,  a whole era of players getting overlooked for not being able to win 1 game.
I am probably in your same age group, too young to remember Chuck playing but have relished watching old games and highlights. Back about 8 years ago I was in London and ran into someone who heard I was from Minnesota, quizzed me about the Vikings, and all he could talk about was Chuck Foreman. Unreal.

watched CF as a kid.  All attention was on Tarkenton, but Foreman moved the sticks.  Tough SOB with speed, hands & wiggle.  Both he and Marshall belong in the HoF

Foreman was my favorite player growing up, but I have to say I think Marshall's case is stronger.  Until Favre passed him, his iron man streak was the best ever (don't count Feagles) (imagine keeping Cal Ripken out of the Hall).  

Quote: @"Purpleblooded" said:
Foreman was my favorite player growing up, but I have to say I think Marshall's case is stronger.  Until Favre passed him, his iron man streak was the best ever (don't count Feagles) (imagine keeping Cal Ripken out of the Hall).  
I never really thought an iron man streak is a thing that should make somebody HOF worthy,  its what they do when they are on the field IMO is what makes somebody HOF... Marshall has good enough numbers IMO to not need to consider his games played streak.