Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin Cook: I feel like we’ve got something special going on
I hope so, Dalvin. I really hope so.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-going-on/

As the Vikings prepare for training camp this week, one of the team’s most important offensive players is excited to start a new era.
Running back Dalvin Cook is entering his sixth pro season and his first under a head coach not named Mike Zimmer. With Kevin O’Connell now at the helm, Cook said over the weekend that he’s looking forward to seeing what the team can do together.
“I’m very fired up,” Cook said, via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “There’s a new energy in the building. We’re just ready to show everybody what we’re putting in, and go out and compete. … I’m just loving what’s going on in the building, loving our team chemistry, and I feel like we’ve got something special going on.”

While O’Connell is expected to have a more pass-heavy approach than Zimmer’s run-first mentality, Cook isn’t concerned that he could have fewer carries.
“Whenever my number is called, I’m going to make the best of my opportunity,” Cook said. “Whatever it is, I just want to win at this point.”
Cook has never played every game in a season, battling through various injuries throughout his career. He was a Pro Bowler in 2021 after registering 1,159 yards rushing and six rushing touchdowns. He also caught 34 passes for 224 yards.

The Rams ran the ball 420 times and passed 638 times

The Vikings ran the ball 449 times and passed 634 times

The Vikings were ranked 17th in terms of rush% at 41.5%

The Rams were ranked 24th in terms of rush% at 39.7%

Quote: @medaille said:

The Rams were good

The Vikings weren’t

Fix that and idc who how or why! But for Dalvin specifically, he seems like a leader on the offense. I think he’s in for a big year. Hopefully less stuffed runs into stacked or cheating fronts, and more open space. He still has the speed and ability to be an elite weapon on offense. 

I have high hopes to see DC used in more innovative ways than we've seen to date. I think this staff has the "potential" to be much better than what Zimmer put together the last few years. 

We'll see...It's almost show me the $ time. 

Quote: @medaille said:

Its all about when you do it. What situation, what down and distance, what's the score, how's the defense, etc. Your stats are meaningless without context. Be harder to predict.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@medaille said:

Its all about when you do it. What situation, what down and distance, what's the score, how's the defense, etc. Your stats are meaningless without context. 
I would add tendencies to this list too....How many times have we seen posts on Vikings running tendencices last season? And the year before? And the year before that?

Honestly, in this NFL? You gotta use the pass to set-up the run. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@medaille said:

Its all about when you do it. What situation, what down and distance, what's the score, how's the defense, etc. Your stats are meaningless without context. 
I would add tendencies to this list too....How many times have we seen posts on Vikings running tendencices last season? And the year before? And the year before that?

Honestly, in this NFL? You gotta use the pass to set-up the run. 

It's like Zim's innovation on offense, the last couple of years was using the punt to set-up the D. 

Dalvin basically said the same thing last year. 

The great thing about pre season is that there 31 teams who are thinking the same thing, well maybe 30, not sure about the Lions  =)