Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What NFL team has had the best WRs in history?
Hard to argue it's not the Vikings....

https://twitter.com/BeerlyFootball/statu...67200?s=20&t=V8f0DYz_ikodbeQ5lMeS-g

Hard to beat that group when the GOAT is in the mix (Moss). Maybe the Pittsburgh Steelers could be #2? 

What is amazing is that none of them played with a big time pro bowler throughout their career.  I would like to see if Rice and Carter had switched places and Carter got to play with Montana/Young, while Rice played with a rotating crew, I don't think Rice would be wearing his GOAT hat wherever he goes. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
What is amazing is that none of them played with a big time pro bowler throughout their career.  I would like to see if Rice and Carter had switched places and Carter got to play with Montana/Young, while Rice played with a rotating crew, I don't think Rice would be wearing his GOAT hat wherever he goes. 
That crossed my mind as well. No Montana, Young, Favre, Aikman, etc. If you follow the thread, there are arguments for the Cowboys, Steelers, Colts, 49ers, Packers, etc. I know I'm partial, but I really don't see it. And the picture above doesn't even include Ahmad Rashad or Sammy White. 

Even if you take Carter and Rashad out (drafted by other teams), historically, the Vikings have done unusually well drafting WRs. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
For sure...

Probably the best of the bunch were Pepp and Tarkenton. 

Jake Reed, John Gilliam and Gene Washington as well...

lets not forget that speed demon Troy Williamson

And let's include Percy, Ahmad Rashad & Sammy White as well.

Best WR AND DL talent of all the franchises