Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential is a dirty word

Noped at the non-skippable :30” ad. But if it says the Vikings have a lot of potential this season, I agree. It’s exciting.

Offense with the most potential. Two said Dolphins, one the Bengals, Peter Schrager picked the Vikings. He's not wrong, but he is a bit of a Viking fan. 

Funny thing about the Dolphins. Sure, they're stacked at WR, but it's meaningless if they don't have the right QB. And I'm not sure they do. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Funny thing about the Dolphins. Sure, they're stacked at WR, but it's meaningless if they don't have the right QB. And I'm not sure they do. 
The sports media is strangely pushing the narrative that Tua is a good QB.....not sure why.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Offense with the most potential. Two said Dolphins, one the Bengals, Peter Schrager picked the Vikings. He's not wrong, but he is a bit of a Viking fan. 

I am not sure how they passed up a prototypical QB like Herbert for a smallish QB with an injury history, but their new HC is a pretty smart and creative coach and I think they are going to style the offense to fit his strengths which is the quick short passes.  I am rooting for Teddy to get a shot there and think the offense and talent is a really good fit for his game.  I think the Dolphins will give the Bills a run in that division and will be fun to watch.    

Quote: @JR44 said:
@MaroonBells said:

I am not sure how they passed up a prototypical QB like Herbert for a smallish QB with an injury history, but their new HC is a pretty smart and creative coach and I think they are going to style the offense to fit his strengths which is the quick short passes.  I am rooting for Teddy to get a shot there and think the offense and talent is a really good fit for his game.  I think the Dolphins will give the Bills a run in that division and will be fun to watch.    
One thing's for sure. With all that money spent on offense, and a pretty damn good backup, if Tua is the reason they're losing, they might go with Teddy. But I think if they do, it's over for Tua, so they won't take that decision lightly. 

I'm in the minority it seems but I think Tua will have a good season. MIA RBs are suspect but Hill is a field tilter and Waddle had an awesome rookie season. I'm a believer in their new coach as well. Tua is in a similar situation as Kirk actually. Kirk is much better and more proven, but our goals are higher. MIA is kind of like a poor-man's us in regards to the situation and expectations.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I'm in the minority it seems but I think Tua will have a good season. MIA RBs are suspect but Hill is a field tilter and Waddle had an awesome rookie season. I'm a believer in their new coach as well. Tua is in a similar situation as Kirk actually. Kirk is much better and more proven, but our goals are higher. MIA is kind of like a poor-man's us in regards to the situation and expectations.
Yea, I see things differently for the Dolphins.

They finished last year strong in terms of wins but those came against the likes of some of the worst teams in the NFL - 2 Jets. Giants, Panthers, Texans and an Ian Book led Saints.  They also lost to the Jags and Falcons two other bottom feeders.  They had an extremely easy schedule and were able to squeak out 9 wins and to some look like a playoff team.  They were not a playoff team by any stretch - IMO.  

They did manage to bookend their season with victories against the Patriots so there is that!

The new Coach has one season as an OC (which is one more then KOC but a novice) 

There schedule this season look a lot more difficult - on paper of course goes without saying I hope.  

They start with: Patriots, Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Jets then Vikings.  

I think the Dolphins will have a hard time reaching 7 wins and that is with playing the Lions and Bears (who might be the worst team in football this upcoming year)

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I am not. Curious to know why you are pls.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:
Yea, I see things differently for the Dolphins.

They finished last year strong in terms of wins but those came against the likes of some of the worst teams in the NFL - 2 Jets. Giants, Panthers, Texans and an Ian Book led Saints.  They also lost to the Jags and Falcons two other bottom feeders.  They had an extremely easy schedule and were able to squeak out 9 wins and to some look like a playoff team.  They were not a playoff team by any stretch - IMO.  

They did manage to bookend their season with victories against the Patriots so there is that!

The new Coach has one season as an OC (which is one more then KOC but a novice) 

There schedule this season look a lot more difficult - on paper of course goes without saying I hope.  

They start with: Patriots, Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Jets then Vikings.  

I think the Dolphins will have a hard time reaching 7 wins and that is with playing the Lions and Bears (who might be the worst team in football this upcoming year)
I actually expect more from the Bears this year.