Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's alive!
In my best Dr. Frankenstein voice...
O’Connell has been impressed with how second-quarterback Kellen Mond has looked during offseason drills. “Kellen’s having a good spring so far, working hard, digesting the system,” O’Connell said. During Tuesday’s second session of OTAs,  O’Connell said Mond “made a couple of checks at the line of scrimmage that he wasn’t prepared play-by-play for” but that he “instinctively” adjusted.

https://www.twincities.com/2022/05/18/vi...ive-coach/

I'm hopeful for Kellen and that he can get a legit chance of winning that backup job with a lot of meaningful playing time this preseason. 

None of us want Mannion to ever see the field again in a Vikings uniform.

I still think Mond is probably a long shot, but he's in a better situation with KOC. 

I think the kid was given a raw deal last year. He caught Covid early in camp (wasn't vaxxed) and had to miss about 10 days or so - crucial for a young QB. Now you add Zimmer with his hard-on for everyone to get the shot and I'm sure that didn't sit well with him, especially with Mond being a close contact to Cousins.

His situation can't be any worse than last year. At the very least I'd hope he can develop to be a pretty good backup QB. Time will tell.

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
I think the kid was given a raw deal last year. He caught Covid early in camp (wasn't vaxxed) and had to miss about 10 days or so - crucial for a young QB. Now you add Zimmer with his hard-on for everyone to get the shot and I'm sure that didn't sit well with him, especially with Mond being a close contact to Cousins.

His situation can't be any worse than last year. At the very least I'd hope he can develop to be a pretty good backup QB. Time will tell.
Do you mean Zimmer wanting to do everything he could to win a football game, so was not pleased that a rookie QB would not do what was best for the team?  Mond did not get a raw deal, he created it.  Players who are all about winning like Tom Brady and PP were doing all they could to get their teammates vaccinated, that is what winners do, guys like Cousins and Mond put themselves ahead of the team and that is why Zimmer was not a fan and as a head coach why would he think any other way. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-repor...51322.html

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:

Do you mean Zimmer wanting to do everything he could to win a football game, so was not pleased that a rookie QB would not do what was best for the team?  Mond did not get a raw deal, he created it.  Players who are all about winning like Tom Brady and PP were doing all they could to get their teammates vaccinated, that is what winners do, guys like Cousins and Mond put themselves ahead of the team and that is why Zimmer was not a fan and as a head coach why would he think any other way. 

Vaccines don't work.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I'm hopeful for Kellen and that he can get a legit chance of winning that backup job with a lot of meaningful playing time this preseason. 

None of us want Mannion to ever see the field again in a Vikings uniform.
Agreed on both counts! 

I dont know what the kids upside is tbh, but wasn't he a 3rd rounder? That's not exactly throw away territory. 

Lots of storylines @ TCO these days, I hope he generates some good buzz this TC. 

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:

Vaccines don't work.
LOL!!!!!  And we should just get rid of hospitals and all medications and anything that is science based.  Complete ignorance and embarrassing that we have people walking around like this, which is why we are stil in the position we are.  

A week or 2 ago I made a post begging someone—anyone!— to give us a scrap of positive Mond news. And here it is! Thank you KOC and this author!

Let’s go Mond!

FCOL...

If you want to debate Vax? Take it to another thread and board please.

Maybe just a "little consideration" for the other members here?