Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else having site access issues?
My iPhone wont connect at all anymore,..

On my desktop I get a re-direct and then can eventually connect with Safari - but its dicey

I get some kind of message when I hit refresh but still working fine on Chrome on Android 

I get a checking browser splash then a partial load of the home screen, no pictures.   Mike said he added an access check in chat the other night after the server reboot, just assumed that was it.  Using Firefox   

Yeah when I went to turn in my Hamilton draft card I lost contact for like 20 picks…!  Wink 

So now neither my iPad or iPhone can access - so pretty much anything that is Mobile and Safari. 

Thx for the fix Mike!! 

Yeah I am not sure why some people iOS ddvices were having issues on safari (not sure why anyone would use safari either =P) but the issue was in a javascript browser challenge and response script that was implemented to thwart a ddos attack we experienced night 1 of the draft. 
Personally I was able to access the site fine with safari. However, the script was set to challenge anyone whose requests origibated outside if US and  Canada. So if you live there or run a VPN to appear as though you live outside of there that could have been the issue. Also potentially if your device or safari was not up to date. Aside from that I am not sure what may have caused it.

The message that Jimmy refered to was the default message that is displayed when the script needs to check your browser.

With all of that said I have disabled that script for the time being. However if we have another ddos attack I will have to either re-enable that script for a short time or explore something else that I can deploy rapidly.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Yeah I am not sure why some people iOS ddvices were having issues on safari (not sure why anyone would use safari either =P) but the issue was in a javascript browser challenge and response script that was implemented to thwart a ddos attack we experienced night 1 of the draft. 
Personally I was able to access the site fine with safari. However, the script was set to challenge anyone whose requests origibated outside if US and  Canada. So if you live there or run a VPN to appear as though you live outside of there that could have been the issue. Also potentially if your device or safari was not up to date. Aside from that I am not sure what may have caused it.

The message that Jimmy refered to was the default message that is displayed when the script needs to check your browser.

With all of that said I have disabled that script for the time being. However if we have another ddos attack I will have to either re-enable that script for a short time or explore something else that I can deploy rapidly.
Get some fucking ninjas Mike,  ninjas and ferrets,  nobody wants to mess with ninjas and ferrets.

No issues just the cloudfare acknowledgement before I get in.