Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else feel this way?
For the past 3 months or so before any given draft, I find myself obsessing over any and every mock draft, watching video highlights of all my favorite prospects, trying to find good fits for the team.

Fast forward to a couple days before the draft, and I'm just like whatever. Whoever we take is who I'm going to rock with, so be it. Even if it's someone I care less for...serenity now. I've got a nice 65 inch TV that I don't want to destroy.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
For the past 3 months or so before any given draft, I find myself obsessing over any and every mock draft, watching video highlights of all my favorite prospects, trying to find good fits for the team.

Fast forward to a couple days before the draft, and I'm just like whatever. Whoever we take is who I'm going to rock with, so be it. Even if it's someone I care less for...serenity now. I've got a nice 65 inch TV that I don't want to destroy.
After about 45 of these, the only thing I know for certain is that nobody knows anything. Not Kiper, not DJ, not any of us, and especially not the NFL. Just go look at their track record. It's pathetic. Worse than pathetic. 

2020 is a great example. Recent enough to remember, but also time enough to really know how the players have fared. 5 DBs taken in the 1st round. 4 of the 5 have been busts. Best DBs were taken at 16, 45 and 51. Six WRs taken in the 1st round. 2 are busts. 1 a big disappointment.

And yet, I guarantee some schmo somewhere is going to be lose it over our pick tonight. Watch, it'll be me after we take Drake London. LOL.

[Image: tzhsi5pe20na.jpg]

Hey, there are quite a few different combos that would make me happy...  excited to see how Kwesi and the rest run their first draft.

LFG!!!

BOOM

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:

Thats how I feel exactly, although I still might break my TV with a lackluster Vikings draft lol

The Vikings are in a position where there's a bunch of viable players at 12 so it would take something really egregiously stupid to set me off.  Passing on a Hamilton for McDuffie would cause grumbles, but my TV would still be safe  B)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:

After about 45 of these, the only thing I know for certain is that nobody knows anything. Not Kiper, not DJ, not any of us, and especially not the NFL. Just go look at their track record. It's pathetic. Worse than pathetic. 

2020 is a great example. Recent enough to remember, but also time enough to really know how the players have fared. 5 DBs taken in the 1st round. 4 of the 5 have been busts. Best DBs were taken at 16, 45 and 51. Six WRs taken in the 1st round. 2 are busts. 1 a big disappointment.

And yet, I guarantee some schmo somewhere is going to be lose it over our pick tonight. Watch, it'll be me after we take Drake London. LOL.
You hit the nail on the head with "Especially not the NFL". Teams and personnel guys love this since its reality TV and they're all playing a main character in it. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:

imma lose my shit.

on other sites, i went to the mats on this draft for jordan davis. 

my last two “mats” were dk metcalf (bradbury) and hunter henry (treadwell)
on the record, howd those turn out?

analytic kwesi has blown it, already. 
wtf?  

2 shitty drafts for “depth”, cuz… we apparently dont need any top shelf starter talent.

and then the iggles move up to take the gift Davis. 

im verklempt.  

with 32, i hope we take linderbaum to correct for Bradbury.  SMDH.

if we get mccreary and pickens at 32 and 34, i might be talked outta my tree

linderbaum and johnson gone. 
RB1 Breece Hall still on the board!

sam howell? 

im on pins/needles