Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings NOT exercising Bradbury's 5th year option
A MAJOR swing and a miss by Rick.   

No surprise here. Yeah he's been a disappointment but I really hope the new staff can figure out how to optimize his skills

From 2016 to now it was pretty tough for Rick in the 1st round (Outside of JJ and maybe Darrisaw). Treadwell, no 1st, Hughes, Bradbury, and Gladney all bad for the Vikes.

He gets dominated much too often. 

BUSTburied

No surprise, but I wouldn't call him a bust. A bust is someone who can't crack the lineup and is out of the NFL in 4 or 5 years. There are plenty of those. Bradbury's started every game and is probably one of the best reach blocking centers in the league. No clue why he can't anchor in pass pro, but I'll bet he plays 10 years in the league. Just may not be with us. 

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
From 2016 to now it was pretty tough for Rick in the 1st round (Outside of JJ and maybe Darrisaw). Treadwell, no 1st, Hughes, Bradbury, and Gladney all bad for the Vikes.

Which is why he's not employed any longer by the Vikings.

If the Vikings exercised the option, Bradbury would have a $13.2 million cap hit. 
He will be our center this year and it’s on him to become more consistent. This doesn’t mean he’s done with the Vikings, just that they’re not stupid enough to give an average center $13.2 million next year. 
Can he get better than average? We will see. He only gave up 2 sacks this past year, but the pocket collapse up the middle has to be fixed. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
If the Vikings exercised the option, Bradbury would have a $13.2 million cap hit. 
He will be our center this year and it’s on him to become more consistent. This doesn’t mean he’s done with the Vikings, just that they’re not stupid enough to give an average center $13.2 million next year. 
Can he get better than average? We will see. He only gave up 2 sacks this past year, but the pocket collapse up the middle has to be fixed. 
I don't think he is anywhere near average. He is a bottom 5 starting Center. He's an average run blocker (very good at getting to the second level) and a horrible pass blocker - huge liability in the passing game.  To think we spent a first round pick on him is nauseating. 

Who remembers this oldie..."Oh I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you've got a brand new key."