Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAM talks analytics
Pretty interesting conversation with KAM about how his background in data/analytics informs his decision making. This is a REALLY smart guy. 

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/analy...o-gallery/

"Scarcity of elite players, elite players don't hit the market.  How do you value something that you can only get in the draft."

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
"Scarcity of elite players, elite players don't hit the market.  How do you value something that you can only get in the draft."
I think you could take that quote a different way too. If you have an opportunity to add an elite player you can't be afraid to pull the trigger even if the price is draft picks. 

I'm excited to bring someone like him on board. I think the way he will look at free agents, the draft, and team needs will be great in the long term.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I think you could take that quote a different way too. If you have an opportunity to add an elite player you can't be afraid to pull the trigger even if the price is draft picks. 
Rams model

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Maybe he wants to move up for Sauce. Hard to see since there are two corners right after Sauce that are almost as good (IMO), and a defense with a few holes to fill. But apparently PA mentioned on KFAN that he thinks the Vikings could move up to #4. Likely for Sauce. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Maybe he wants to move up for Sauce. Hard to see since there are two corners right after Sauce that are almost as good (IMO), and a defense with a few holes to fill. But apparently PA mentioned on KFAN that he thinks the Vikings could move up to #4. Likely for Sauce. 

Could you imagine the explosion on this board if we moved up for someone lol.  With all the trade downs over the years, gaining picks rather then giving up picks.

It'd be interesting.  I wonder if 12 ->4 wouldn't cost our 1st next year and likely more though?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Could you imagine the explosion on this board if we moved up for someone lol.  With all the trade downs over the years, gaining picks rather then giving up picks.

It'd be interesting.  I wonder if 12 ->4 wouldn't cost our 1st next year and likely more though?
Consulting the handy dandy draft trade chart, which KAM even mentions in his interview, it would cost our 2nd and 3rd this year. Which, if you involved next year, would roughly translate to our 3rd this year and a 1st next year. Have a real hard time seeing a new regime doing either. Sauce is good, but he's not THAT good. 

[Image: zdedtro62muf.jpeg]
Welcome to red herring season…  Wink B)