Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers signing WR Sammy Watkins
1 year deal worth $4 million per Schefter...so about 8 games worth of him getting onto the field.

Only 28, so he's not a geezer.  Wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers suddenly gets 800 yards out of him.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Hahahahaaaa!  Rodgers will get the most out of him, but he's a far cry from the player he was with the Bills.  And he can't stay on the field...  gonna be interesting to see how Rodgers does with this group of underwhelming WRs (even with a likely early round rookie).

Just another reason we don't need to draft a CB with our first pick... :-D
Just teasing, Maroon.  Much love, bud

Sammy has only had over 700 receiving yards twice in his career. Not very scared of this signing at all

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Sammy has only had over 700 receiving yards twice in his career. Not very scared of this signing at all
He can be a serviceable WR2. But in order for them to be the same team they were last year, they have to hit a home run with the WR they pick in the 1st round. If they package both 1st rounders they can move into the 8 to 12 range. And I fully expect them to do it. 

@Hawkvike25 said:
He can be a serviceable WR2. But in order for them to be the same team they were last year, they have to hit a home run with the WR they pick in the 1st round. If they package both 1st rounders they can move into the 8 to 12 range. And I fully expect them to do it. 
That or their GM may actually hate Rodgers and gives him a big F U and doesn't draft a receiver in the first round. .000001% of this but how funny would it be?

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
That or their GM may actually hate Rodgers and gives him a big F U and doesn't draft a receiver in the first round. .000001% of this but how funny would it be?
Now that I would love to see. But if the Packers don't draft a WR in the 1st round, there will be blood on the streets. 

@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Now that I would love to see. But if the Packers don't draft a WR in the 1st round, there will be blood on the streets. 
As long as its 1265 Lombardi Avenue you can pour all the blood onto the streets as you deem necessary.