Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just In Case The Way The Board Falls We Have To Trade Down

I'm not one who sees DL as a big need but if we trade back, get another high pick, and believe Wyatt can be a really good pass rusher, sure. A great CB is the best way to help our CB situation, but an improved pass rush also helps our CB situation. . . . . But please also get me a talented WR.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Wyatt in a Vikings uniform via a trade back...

I'd love a peek at how they stacked the players @ Eagan this year. I dont know how this new crew thinks yet. 

I'd really like to see Sauce or Stingley a Viking, but I dont see either falling to #12. DL could very well be the pick.  

From what I understand there was some off field concerns with Wyatt but he'd be in the conversation as a trade back option if the Vikings were comfortable with his background 

I would not hesitate to take Wyatt in a move down.  Tomlinson has not been impressive to me at all and I have no clue about Phillips the FA we signed.  So we do lack depth on the interior line even though we have a lot of bodies.  I think many of us are so focused on CB that we are over looking a lot of other positions where a stud might drop.  

There are going to be multiple teams looking to move up that also have multiple picks like KC - they might move up for a WR like Jameson Williams and we could exchange for 29,30 picks + a 4th rounder.  

Not sure we would deal with the Lions but if they don't go QB with the second pick they might be interested in moving up to 12 for Willis/Pickett and they have picks 32 & 34 and we may be able to also get a 3rd rounder.

Lot's of scenario's for a drop down which I am thinking this is a perfect draft position to do so and maybe get 2 starters in the late first like even a G or DE/DT.  With our pick 46 I would then target a CB or WR (lot depth at both).

Minnesota Vikings (8 picks)Round 1: No. 12
Round 2: No. 46
Round 3: No. 77

Looking at PFF (wait for it....PFF sucks, what do they know etc.) here is where their is depth in this draft:
14 DE's in the Top 80
13 WR's in the Top 80
10 CB's in the Top 80
10 LB'ers in the Top 80
4 S & DL,   3 Guards, and 1 TE

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Minnesota Vikings (8 picks)Round 1: No. 12
Round 2: No. 46
Round 3: No. 77

Looking at PFF (wait for it....PFF sucks, what do they know etc.) here is where their is depth in this draft:
14 DE's in the Top 80
13 WR's in the Top 80
10 CB's in the Top 80
10 LB'ers in the Top 80
4 S & DL,   3 Guards, and 1 TE
We could see 5 OTs in the first 32 picks.  Neal, Ekwonu, Cross, Raimann, and Penning. At least 2 OTs, and hopefully 3, go before 12. Throw in a QB or two and there should be some very good players at 12.  It will be interesting to see this new front office manage their first draft. I like what they have done so far in FA leading up to the draft. We have needs, to be sure, but we are not committed by need to take a certain position at 12. 

Front 3 D and OT would be off my board in the first 3 rounds, unless the big boy freak from GA drops to 12, and a higher need is not there. 

Another potential option in a trade down? Iowa center Tyler Linderbaums Pro Day numbers from yesterday; 6'2"/302, 4.98 40, 32.5 vertical, 7.14 three cone, 4.38 agility.

I know a center is super low on our priority list but those are great numbers 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
I would not hesitate to take Wyatt in a move down.  Tomlinson has not been impressive to me at all and I have no clue about Phillips the FA we signed.  So we do lack depth on the interior line even though we have a lot of bodies.  I think many of us are so focused on CB that we are over looking a lot of other positions where a stud might drop.  

There are going to be multiple teams looking to move up that also have multiple picks like KC - they might move up for a WR like Jameson Williams and we could exchange for 29,30 picks + a 4th rounder.  

Not sure we would deal with the Lions but if they don't go QB with the second pick they might be interested in moving up to 12 for Willis/Pickett and they have picks 32 & 34 and we may be able to also get a 3rd rounder.

Lot's of scenario's for a drop down which I am thinking this is a perfect draft position to do so and maybe get 2 starters in the late first like even a G or DE/DT.  With our pick 46 I would then target a CB or WR (lot depth at both).

Huh, I didn't see this post but just now in another thread I mentioned this same KC trade scenario. We have a ton of holes and they have one glaring one, WR. Crazier things have happened. Good point about Detroit too. That would take massive guts for KAM to gift Detroit their QBOTF.