Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One can wish and dream right???
12. Minnesota VikingsTravon Walker, DE, Georgia
Walker's combine workout was tremendous, but production inconsistency (only 9.5 sacks over 36 career games) concerns me. That's why I have him falling a bit to No. 12 here. But he is a versatile player who can develop into a force off the edge. A trio of Danielle HunterZa'Darius Smith and Walker would cause problems for opposing quarterbacks

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/story...arterbacks

Stingley at 24? We take the 4th Edge and one who never produced as a pass rusher even on the historic Georgia defense?  I don't deny his athleticism, still, I'll pass.

Tannenbaum has 3 WRs going before us.  Unfortunately, that may well happen.  Mike may be right about that.  This is a mock for today's NFL: either you draft to pass (QB, WR, OT) or you draft to stop the pass (Edge, CB, and throw in a superior safety).  That's why I think if one of the top WRs is there at 12, you take him.

I would not consider Walker there. He has not shown he is a top pass rusher. Same for his teammate Davis. Get Williams or Stingley (or McDuffie if you think he's better).

What the hell? Dreams are free. Enjoy PF. 

All depends on what you do with Stingleys medicals. Maybe he’s worse then snyone wants to admit?

I could see this. I could see him falling and I could see the Vikings taking him. Walker is probably a 5T in the NFL.  12 is a little high for a 5T, but right now, our 5Ts are Tomlinson and Watts. 

Watts looked good last year, but did he look good, or did he look good for a former 6th rounder? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I could see this. I could see him falling and I could see the Vikings taking him. Walker is probably a 5T in the NFL.  12 is a little high for a 5T, but right now, our 5Ts are Tomlinson and Watts. 

Watts looked good last year, but did he look good, or did he look good for a former 6th rounder? 
I don't think Walker makes it out of the top 6...I have a growing suspicion the Vikings are going DL @ 12. That, Stingley or one of the top 2 ranked WR on their board. 

each time i see this thread on the board I think its likely Barr posting about kate upton divorcing verlander.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

I don't see it. Walker is the highest upside pass rusher in the class, even over Hutchinson. He will go in the top 5. Teams love potential even though he has a higher variance than some others. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:

I don't see it. Walker is the highest upside pass rusher in the class, even over Hutchinson. He will go in the top 5. Teams love potential even though he has a higher variance than some others. 

I was watching the live version of Tannenbaums mock draft on ESPN. A lot of controversy on this pick and Walker dropping this far. Someone was comparing him to Vernon Gholston in that despite his physical traits and athleticism, there just wasn't enough consistent production to justify him going any earlier. I personally don't see him dropping out of the top 10, but stranger things have happened 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:

I was watching the live version of Tannenbaums mock draft on ESPN. A lot of controversy on this pick and Walker dropping this far. Someone was comparing him to Vernon Gholston in that despite his physical traits and athleticism, there just wasn't enough consistent production to justify him going any earlier. I personally don't see him dropping out of the top 10, but stranger things have happened 
His production is misleading because the Georgia front was more gap control than attacking. A lot of scouts think he's a 5T. Like Wyatt, he could be a much better pro than college player.