Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still nothing on Tretter?
I dont see that he has signed anywhere.....

crickets chirping........

Not sure if the knee and ankle injuries are keeping teams away at least for now. Sounds like he hardly ever practiced during the season with the Browns, but always rang the bell on game day and played well. 

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
Not sure if the knee and ankle injuries are keeping teams away at least for now. Sounds like he hardly ever practiced during the season with the Browns, but always rang the bell on game day and played well. 
thanks - just hopeful of an upgrade at C

Knees. I'd be surprised if he signs anywhere. And if he does it will likely be one of those just before training camp things. 

Give him a 1 year - $2 million deal.  I would gladly have them waste $2 million on the hope that this guy can play.  If he does, he's as solid as they get.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Knees. I'd be surprised if he signs anywhere. And if he does it will likely be one of those just before training camp things. 
This is my thought as well. If he wants to wait it out, then let's see how the draft goes and who ends up falling where. We may need to sign a center if ones we want get picked before our spot...or we may draft one

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Give him a 1 year - $2 million deal.  I would gladly have them waste $2 million on the hope that this guy can play.  If he does, he's as solid as they get.
The problem is that veterans like Tretter will not play for 2 mil.

I remember when Richard Seymour walked away.  He said that he had offers but unless they were worthwhile, he was not going to put his body through another season of grinding.

I think that is what happened with Antoine Winfield.  He was not getting offered enough to put his body through the torture of playing another season in the NFL.

Tretter is going to have to over 5M to play another season and probably closer to 8M IMHO.

If there is any chance that he wasn't practicing due to bad knees Kwesi knows and won't touch him.