Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 100 picks in upcoming draft
I found it interesting and maybe others will as well?

Just looking at our Division's Top 100 draft picks...FWIW

Packers/Lions both have 5 (different reasons of course) and Bears and Vikings have 3.  

2 teams have no Top 100 picks - Dolphins first pick is 102 and Rams 104

2 teams have only 1 Top 100 picks - Panthers at 6 and Raiders at 86

6 other teams have 5 picks in the upcoming draft Top 100 - Falcons, Texans, Chiefs, Giants, Jets, Eagles

Chiefs almost have the most with a 6th pick at 103.

[Image: min.png&h=110&w=110]Minnesota Vikings (8 picks)Round 1: No. 12
Round 2: No. 46
Round 3: No. 77

[Image: gb.png&h=110&w=110]Green Bay Packers (11 picks)Round 1: No. 22 (from Las Vegas*)
Round 1: No. 28
Round 2: No. 53 (from Las Vegas*)
Round 2: No. 59
Round 3: No. 92

[Image: chi.png&h=110&w=110]Chicago Bears (6 picks)Round 2: No. 39
Round 2: No 48 (from L.A. Chargers)
Round 3: No. 71

[Image: det.png&h=110&w=110]
Detroit Lions (9 picks)Round 1: No. 2
Round 1: No. 32 (from L.A. Rams)
Round 2: No. 34
Round 3: No. 66
Round 3: No. 97 (compensatory selection)

I would love to see the Vikings get Chase Allen TE from Iowa State.  Perfect guy to compliment Irv Smith!!  Red Zone target.  Definitely take a flyer on him in later rounds.   They said a lot of the same things about George Kittle

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/chase-allen

Interesting that the Packers did not get a premium pick for Davante Adams. There are 5, maybe 6, WRs expected to go in the first 20 ish. After that, there's a big dropoff in talent. At 22, they may try to move up for one but they have a lot of holes to fill. Either way, it's not likely the rookie is going to give them anything close to what Adams did. I'm shocked they didn't add at least one mid-tier WR in free agency. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Interesting that the Packers did not get a premium pick for Davante Adams. There are 5, maybe 6, WRs expected to go in the first 20 ish. After that, there's a big dropoff in talent. At 22, they may try to move up for one but they have a lot of holes to fill. Either way, it's not likely the rookie is going to give them anything close to what Adams did. I'm shocked they didn't add at least one mid-tier WR in free agency. 

That would be a huge run on WR's. I think it's a very good group but would be surprised to see that many go off the board in the top 20 picks. I think the Packers are playing it smart, wait until the draft and see how that plays out. They can always come back and try to sign an OBJ or Julio Jones afterwards. Nobody is knocking any doors down to sign those guys. I still contend that while losing Adams individually is almost impossible to replace, they might end up with a better overall collective group of receiving targets when all is said and done. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

That would be a huge run on WR's. I think it's a very good group but would be surprised to see that many go off the board in the top 20 picks. I think the Packers are playing it smart, wait until the draft and see how that plays out. They can always come back and try to sign an OBJ or Julio Jones afterwards. Nobody is knocking any doors down to sign those guys. I still contend that while losing Adams individually is almost impossible to replace, they might end up with a better overall collective group of receiving targets when all is said and done. 
I'd love to see how they will do this since they have also lost St Brown and Scantling.  So you lose your #1 WR (and a top 3# WR in the game), your #3 and #4 and somehow you are going to get better next year?  

Good luck with that

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

That would be a huge run on WR's. I think it's a very good group but would be surprised to see that many go off the board in the top 20 picks. I think the Packers are playing it smart, wait until the draft and see how that plays out. They can always come back and try to sign an OBJ or Julio Jones afterwards. Nobody is knocking any doors down to sign those guys. I still
 contend that while losing Adams individually is almost impossible to replace, they might end up with a better overall collective group of receiving targets when all is said and done. 
I'd love to see how they will do this since they have also lost St Brown and Scantling.  So you lose your #1 WR (and a top 3# WR in the game), your #3 and #4 and somehow you are going to get better next year?  

Good luck with that

Well that's only if you consider St Brown and Scantling to be any good or losses for that matter. I'm thinking their combined 35 catches for 528 yards and 3 TD's from last season are replaceable. KJ Osborn doubled their combined production as our 3rd WR last year, so I think the Packers are going to upgrade those roster spots at receiver.

@"Skodin" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

That would be a huge run on WR's. I think it's a very good group but would be surprised to see that many go off the board in the top 20 picks. I think the Packers are playing it smart, wait until the draft and see how that plays out. They can always come back and try to sign an OBJ or Julio Jones afterwards. Nobody is knocking any doors down to sign those guys. I still
 contend that while losing Adams individually is almost impossible to replace, they might end up with a better overall collective group of receiving targets when all is said and done. 

Good luck with that

Well that's only if you consider St Brown and Scantling to be any good or losses for that matter. I'm thinking their combined 35 catches for 528 yards and 3 TD's from last season are replaceable. KJ Osborn doubled their combined production as our 3rd WR last year, so I think the Packers are going to upgrade those roster spots at receiver.
Right, but use the same lens of scrutiny on other teams that you do with the Vikings.

For example, what would you be saying right now if the Vikings lost Jefferson, Osborne and Marsette. Would you be saying that the Vikings might end up with a better overall group? Somehow I don't think so. 

I've seen mostly 2 or 3 WR's taken that high.  The big run is likely to be on edge rushers. I'm curious to see if some team knowing how desperate the Packers are at WR trades in front of them.  The Cowboys are at 24 and lost Amari Cooper.  The Chiefs have 29 and 30 to possibly jump the Pack at 28.  Even the Lions at 32 and 34 could get frisky.

@"supafreak84" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Good luck with that

Right, but use the same lens of scrutiny on other teams that you do with the Vikings.

For example, what would you be saying right now if the Vikings lost Jefferson, Osborne and Marsette. Would you be saying that the Vikings might end up with a better overall group? Somehow I don't think so. 

I would not be concerned with losing Osborne or Marsette if all this hypothetical is based on is last years production. It would suck losing Jefferson but if we had four of the top 49 picks in this draft (like they do), in a WR heavy draft, then I'd say it certainly would have the potential to soften that blow. Say they come out of the draft with Olave and Jameson Williams or Treyvon Burks, and sign Julio Jones, OBJ, or Will Fuller after the draft? I would say that's a better collective group of receivers then simply Adams and the scrubs they've been putting out there with him. It's why Rodgers has been so pissed these last few years. 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Good luck with that

I would not be concerned with losing Osborne or Marsette if all this hypothetical is based on is last years production. It would suck losing Jefferson but if we had four of the top 49 picks in this draft (like they do), in a WR heavy draft, then I'd say it certainly would have the potential to soften that blow. Say they come out of the draft with Olave and Jameson Williams or Treyvon Burks, and sign Julio Jones, OBJ, or Will Fuller after the draft? I would say that's a better collective group of receivers then simply Adams and the scrubs they've been putting out there with him. It's why Rodgers has been so pissed these last few years. 
Definitely possible, but at 33 Julio Jones is probably done. More than any other position, WRs fall off a cliff at a certain point. Remember Randy. He went from unstoppable to unplayable in what seemed like one year. Jones might already be over it considering how many games he's missed the last two years. 

As far as the draft goes, they'll almost certainly draft one high. But rookies like Chase and JJ are the exception. Unless they get lucky, It will be a few years before they can expect anything approaching Adams' level of play.