Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified overtime

And the loser gets a participation trophy.

You want the ball,  stop the other team from scoring a TD.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
And the loser gets a participation trophy.

You want the ball,  stop the other team from scoring a TD.
Yeah pretty much. Someone was butthurt last season and voila a rule change.

I think it's a good change.  In a league which is actively eliminating defense, they have to allow both offenses onto the field.

Quote: @medaille said:
I think it's a good change.  In a league which is actively eliminating defense, they have to allow both offenses onto the field.
Yep. Idk if it’s a “good” change but it’s obvious the league wants more offense and less defense, so this should surprise no one. 

Quote: @medaille said:
100%

The pace of change in the game is accelerating rapidly. This was a no brainer imo. 

Just look at last years SB - that type of game may just be the new norm. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@medaille said:
100%

The pace of change in the game is accelerating rapidly. This was a no brainer imo. 

Just look at last years SB - that type of game may just be the new norm. 
why dont they just get rid of the clock and say first team to 50 wins,  wouldnt that be exciting?

Listening to Goessling on drive time home radio yesterday:

Vikings actually voted against this. 

They were for evolving the overtime rules and the pov M.Wilf proposed was one that came from KAM

The proposal they supported was to simplify the OT and make it another 15 minute quarter. Both teams get the ball etc.