Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amusing Mock From NFL. Com
https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2022...re_article

I liked it up until the point the he had the Vikings trading down from #12 with Sauce on the board. I really think there's at least a good possibility that 3 QBs go before 12. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

MJD with a solid effort. His mocks are usually Walterian.

I'm just not seeing it with this QB class...  I think most of these guys deserve to be taken late 1st or on Day 2.  Media is trying to pump this class up, but there isn't anyone you feel confident will be a good starter, let alone a franchise QB.

That said, I hope 3 QBs go before our pick...  Vikings will definitely get a blue chip player if that happens.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I'm just not seeing it with this QB class...  I think most of these guys deserve to be taken late 1st or on Day 2.  Media is trying to pump this class up, but there isn't anyone you feel confident will be a good starter, let alone a franchise QB.

That said, I hope 3 QBs go before our pick...  Vikings will definitely get a blue chip player if that happens.
Oh, that's pretty much exactly where I'm at. First QB shouldn't come off the board until about 28. But, the siren's call of cheap rookie QBs is going to be overwhelming. 

Tepper being a Pittsburgh grad, I can almost guarantee Pickett goes there. Corrall to Seattle also is a logical fit. Pete Carroll wanted Wilson in the first. Willis to Detroit is getting traction in Vegas.

Weird things always happen in the top 10. This off-season has been absolutely goofy. Draft will be outstanding theater.

Quote: @Wetlander said:

Well I'm not a draft expert but even I know teams these days go chasing at the qb position.  Overdrafting and overpaying have become the norm.  

Trading down with Sauce on the board would blow. And nothing against Lloyd, but it would be foolish for a win-now team to draft a player who wouldn't start. 

BUT i do like the idea of trading down for a '23 1st. If '23 is indeed the QB'nanza everyone says, be real nice having two picks to put together. 

Same trade down, I take McDuffie and run like a thief.. 

3 QB's before 12 would be a dream for the Vikings, although I don't see the kneecappers going anything but edge rusher after ranking 30th in total sacks last season. They are probably taking whomever is left over between Hutchinson and Walker. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Trading down with Sauce on the board would blow. And nothing against Lloyd, but it would be foolish for a win-now team to draft a player who wouldn't start. 

BUT i do like the idea of trading down for a '23 1st. If '23 is indeed the QB'nanza everyone says, be real nice having two picks to put together. 

Same trade down, I take McDuffie and run like a thief.. 
I'm running right with you. Go into 23 with a chance to hit a QB class that looks DEEP and top heavy. 

If Atlanta actually tries to move up from 8 for Pickett their GM needs to be shot before he can confirm the trade.  And Willis at 2?  The Lions had Fields sitting in their laps last year at 7 and passed.  Taking Willis at 2 a year later when he won't be worth a crap until '24 at best is completely idiotic.

Don't even get me started on the Vikings trading out of Sauce for a LB.  Did this clown miss the Za'Darius signing?  I could see that trade going down for Pickett or Willis at 12, but Ridder?  And if the Vikings did make that trade, I doubt McDuffie lasts to 20 so I'd be crossing my fingers for Booth.

Quote: @RS Express said:
If Atlanta actually tries to move up from 8 for Pickett their GM needs to be shot before he can confirm the trade.  And Willis at 2?  The Lions had Fields sitting in their laps last year at 7 and passed.  Taking Willis at 2 a year later when he won't be worth a crap until '24 at best is completely idiotic.

Don't even get me started on the Vikings trading out of Sauce for a LB.  Did this clown miss the Za'Darius signing?  I could see that trade going down for Pickett or Willis at 12, but Ridder?  And if the Vikings did make that trade, I doubt McDuffie lasts to 20 so I'd be crossing my fingers for Booth.
Yea, like I said during the draft last year, If Fields was in the 2022 draft he would be a Top 1 or 2 pick with Teams like Carolina and Atlanta trying to move up for him.  Fields was a steal for the Bears.  Thankfully the Bears are in a full rebuild with all new coaching/GM and Fields is going to take some lumps the next few years in the process of trying to surround him with talent. 

That said, Carolina and Atlanta, need a QB which results in reaches.   "Need" means reach especially at QB.  That said, a team should to trust it scouting/personnel/GM to evaluate every QB, every draft, as if they need them even when they don't which is my advocated approach (exceptions of course for teams with youngish franchise QB's).

Once again I am seeing some posters talking about the 2023 QB class that is supposed to be much deeper than this one.  Of course, 2023 it is very likely we will need a QB unless we are planning on paying Kirk 50 million or doing the old extension and giving Kirk mo money up front.  So 2023, likely we will "need" a QB and with our proud history of always drafting from 14-low 20's, the top 1 or 2 QB's Kwesi want is probably going in the Top 5.  So we are maybe put in a position of need/reach again. Or maybe a few of these 2023 prodigies flop and the draft is back to just another QB class.  

Back to 2022 - we don't "need" a young QB but if we do our due diligence (although newbie staff/GM) they should trust their instincts if they deem one of them worthy of even a move up or a run to the podium at 12.  But, because they are all newbies that is very very unlikely, like nil.  Similar to Spelly tying his wagon to Kirk the last few years we were never going to draft any QB's in the first round because we just needed to surround Kirk with another missing piece. The ole we are not rebuilding we are a player or two away from contending for a SB.  

So 2022 draft is going to be just like the 2021, 2020 draft in terms of no progression plan at the most important position in sports.  No risk no reward.  A franchise QB rarely just falls in your lap when you are drafting outside the Top 10 and you are not willing to move up because we are a player away mentality like we are once again with a new regime.  Let's pretend Kwesi has the leeway and balls and thinks Pickett is our guy does anyone think we will draft him?  Neither do I.  Or maybe we don't have a first round grade on any QB and we think Mond has a chance.

Obviously, the new regime does think we have enough talent to compete for a SB this year.  I don't.  I don't even think we are a playoff team at this early point primarily based on what I have witnessed the last few years with a lot of the current players and a whole new coaching staff poised to make rookie mistakes..  So the new brass/Wilf's are sticking with what has not worked for us during Kirk's tenure (not blaming him because he is a Top 10 QB who teases us with a lot of what if's every game and results in the one player away approach) which was after Zimmer created a window that was clearly closed shut rudely in Philly going on 5 seasons ago (2017).  They hung onto Zimmer years too long and I think we are going to be in the same boat with Kirk.

I completely understand those posters who think we are close and I don't call them names or disregard thier post's.  We all have the same goal and we have different opinions on how to get there.  

So 2023, we will "need" a QB going into Kwesi's second draft....great, I wonder what our approach is going to be?  Actually I don't.  Probably reup Kirk or pursue another Kirk/Bradford type veteran who will make us think we are one or two players away.  Rinse/Repeat the consistency of always at least being mediocre and not willing to take the risk/reward approach.