Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same ol', same ol' with Arif
Vikings suck. lol. Today's media and fans I can't relate to anymore. Nobody waits for shit to see how things play out. Need those hard, knee jerk takes for the clicks and the result is complete garbage out the other side:

https://theathletic.com/3206943/2022/03/...es-so-far/

Again, even at $1 a month, I think I'm overpaying.

I guess I need to re-up the subscription to read. But without Bob McGinn, not sure the Athletic is worth it.

I do like Arif's insight. He seems like a smart guy in a field with so few. But here's what bugs me: He's Leo Tolstoy on the Athletic. Can't make a salient point in under 4,000 words. But on Twitter, he's Mr. Non-sequitur. Good luck trying to figure out what the fuck he's referring to after one of his famous 1-to-3-word Tweets. 

Russo is why I subscribe to the Athletic. Best Hockey writer in the business and a bonus that he covers the Wild. 
I like Arif's analytical articles but this one definitely came off pretty negative before we've even played a game. Let's see how the rest of the offseason plays out, who we find in the draft, etc. before condemning Kwesi and O'Connell. How much better would our defense look if Sauce fell to us at 12 as QB needy teams ahead of us start panicking and overdraft this year's mediocre talent. It happens every year.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I guess I need to re-up the subscription to read. But without Bob McGinn, not sure the Athletic is worth it.

I do like Arif's insight. He seems like a smart guy in a field with so few. But here's what bugs me: He's Leo Tolstoy on the Athletic. Can't make a salient point in under 4,000 words. But on Twitter, he's Mr. Non-sequitur. Good luck trying to figure out what the fuck he's referring to after one of his famous 1-to-3-word Tweets. 
Haven't read him on the Athletic, but yeah, the dude likes the sound of his own keyboard waaaaay to much.

I am not paying to read Arif. I found a workaround but I want those minutes back.

It's going to be like this until the Vikings show they can win. All the off season bluster and moves won't mean a thing until they payoff. Start winning and Arif will change his tune faster than a karaoke director.

The Athletic no longer became an option once the New York Times purchased them.