Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's trust the Process, guys.
[Image: FOoFKQqWUAYWIW6?format=jpg&name=medium]

I am trusting the process. They need time to let it play out. They have to clean up and move forward. It's going to take time.

Yeah, I'm waiting until at least the first preseason game.

Minimum.

We really need a sarcasm font.

From Purple Insider:
The Vikings of the last two years have tried to skirt a rebuild and come up with win totals of seven and eight. Adofo-Mensah was asked how to avoid that type of mediocrity with his competitive-rebuild approach, and he contrasted himself with Sam Hinkie, the former GM of the Philadelphia 76ers who coined the phrase “trust the process” during a tank.
“Obviously when he inherited that 76ers team, people kind of thought that way about that 8 seed in the Eastern Conference, kind of mired in a place of mediocrity,” Adofo-Mensah said. “Football is a little different deal, it’s more of a team sport. You don’t need that one transcendent player to become great. It's just about adding great players, great pieces around the core that we have. And there's ways to do that, there's ways to do that in free agency or the draft or the trade market or player development. And so we're just being careful about that, understanding the reality of where we are and what things give us the odds of getting where we want to be.”

I get what he means and I do trust Kwesi, but the 76ers were mired in mediocrity for years and after about 8 years since trusting the process… they still are. So it’s kind of an odd example to invoke. 

19,18,19 & 28 are the win totals of the 76ers during Hinkies time with the 76ers.  Is this the process we really want to mimic?  Worrisome that this is some he would bring up as a mentor.  

i am done with processes after all these years as a fan. Show me some consistent fucking winning for a change!

How come this makes me think that Cousins is our Ben Simmons?

...but, I consider Mackey to be one of the dumbest lumps of crap in the "sports journalism" toilet, so....

Quote: @JR44 said:
19,18,19 & 28 are the win totals of the 76ers during Hinkies time with the 76ers.  Is this the process we really want to mimic?  Worrisome that this is some he would bring up as a mentor.  
He used the 76ers as a contrasting method of building a team, NOT a necessary or even a wise model to emulate in the NFL.

On the other hand, look no further than the Browns on how they built their team with a complete tear down, and stockpiling an absurd amount of high draft picks to become relevant for the first time in 50 years.