Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will The Last WR To Leave Green Bay
Please turn off the light?

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 2m
The #Chiefs are signing former #Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to a three-year, $30 million deal with $18 million in the first two years and incentives to reach a maximum of $36 million, his agents @NSAFootball tell @RapSheet and me

Former Packers’ WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling is signing a three-year, $30 million deal worth up to $36 million with the Chiefs, per source. This is called living right: Valdes-Scantling goes from the NFL’s reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers to the NFL’s former MVP Patrick Mahomes.

WOW!

Jeez. KC GM hit big on Kelce and Tyreek Hill and has whiffed on every FA or Draft Pick pass-catcher since. But hey, they got picks and they're due.

Just making sure the Packers won't be drafting a WR this year either.

Lol, Rodgers will be throwing to 4 rookies. Hope the contract was worth it. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Lol, Rodgers will be throwing to 4 rookies. Hope the contract was worth it. 

I dont think any of the WR's in this draft are Davonte Adams, but collectively whatever they field next season might be better then what they've had with Valdes-Scantling, St Brown, Lazard, etc. Especially when you factor in Robert Tonyan coming back from injury, who I thought they really missed last season at TE. I don't know that the Packers are really going to miss anybody they lost this offseason and with key players returning from injury they are going to be very good again next season. Should be the Super Bowl favorite in the NFC. 

No going to miss DaVante Adams?

[Image: t0c0qq5vkmgx.jpeg]

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
No going to miss DaVante Adams?

[Image: t0c0qq5vkmgx.jpeg]

I guess we'll see how the draft and the rest of free agency plays out, but it's possible. They basically had Adams and nothing else in the passing game. They draft a couple receivers early, get Tonyan back, Bahktiari at LT, Jenkins back at guard, etc. Their offense certainly has the potential to be a better unit next season.

I wish Davante leaving made me feel confident that Rodgers is suddenly going to become average but the fact is he elevates WR's. And they are incredibly good at finding value outside of the first round. Lets be real Devante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb produced quite a bit above what most anticipated they would based off college, combine and pro days. Hell, no one knew if Cobb, a tweener, could be a RB or a WR based on deficiencies in each position going into the draft. Jennings, Driver, Cobb, Nelson all leave and we let ourselves get lulled into a false sense of hope that this will finally be the year.

Meanwhile in the 14 years since Rodgers took over the Packers have used only13 draft picks on WR. Average slot for those picks being 152nd, or a 5th rounder.  In 6 drafts they selected no WRs. Nelson at pick 36 is the highest pick. Green Bay's biggest "free agency" splash at WR since 2008 was to re-sign Randall Cobb in 20015. Until Rodgers and Green Bay in general actually starts to shit the bed consistently, I'm not going to get cocky about potential for down fall. I'm a Vikes fan, that always comes back to bite us in the ass.