Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March Madness Indeed
For shits and grins, I checked into ticket prices for the bracket being played in Greenville, SC. Just an hour from my place and Greenville is a pretty cool little city. Figured I could get a couple nose bleed seats for a couple hundred.

Cheapest ticket? $525.

For a Friday afternoon game.

So, $1100 or so when you include parking. That's more than the mortgage.

WTAF.

I don't know the area at all, but can it support those ticket prices?  

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
For shits and grins, I checked into ticket prices for the bracket being played in Greenville, SC. Just an hour from my place and Greenville is a pretty cool little city. Figured I could get a couple nose bleed seats for a couple hundred.

Cheapest ticket? $525.

For a Friday afternoon game.

So, $1100 or so when you include parking. That's more than the mortgage.

WTAF.
Greenville is a great up and coming place.  A lot of industrial development in the region has pushed a lot of its growth.  My mentor was the lead for the development of BMW's North American HQ in Greenville, and a close friend did the landfill methane extraction generation program to provide power.  

Whenever I'm in Asheville, I make it a point to go down and meet some friends in Greenville.

I saw this for a family for NBA

[Image: kr503p9rtc37.jpg]

Quote: @Vikergirl said:

the solution is real simple.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:

Don't buy food?

Kidding.  I agree, spending that much and then whining about it on twitter doesn't garner any sympathy for me.

Last game I went to was MN out in Seattle, I think it was Harvin's last game IIRC.  AD went on a huge run but got tackled at the goal line and we lost.

Anyway, took 5 kids and myself, $60 apiece.  I won't pay the prices they want now.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:

Don't buy food?

Kidding.  I agree, spending that much and then whining about it on twitter doesn't garner any sympathy for me.

Last game I went to was MN out in Seattle, I think it was Harvin's last game IIRC.  AD went on a huge run but got tackled at the goal line and we lost.

Anyway, took 5 kids and myself, $60 apiece.  I won't pay the prices they want now.
hell no,  i meant leave the wife and kids at home.

Looked at another ticket site, much more reasonable in comparison. If you can call $135 a ticket reasonable.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Looked at another ticket site, much more reasonable in comparison. If you can call $135 a ticket reasonable.
$135 versus $525. Yeah that is more reasonable 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
$135 versus $525. Yeah that is more reasonable 
Or hang around the corner and scalp a couple for $60 1/2hr. before tipoff.