Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy League New Year!
[Image: q675ruuemmix.jpeg]

[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
The Vikings have signed former Rams tight end Johnny Mundt, the team announced. He's a 6'4", 233-pound blocking TE.

They also confirmed the signing of DT Harrison Phillips.

Wither Gronklin?

[Image: kOPsOCqq_bigger.jpg]
Anthony Barr is officially a free agent, unless there is news we have not heard about yet. #

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
#Vikings announce they have agreed to terms with DT Harrison Phillips and they have agreed to terms with TE Johnny Mundt.

Reunites with Kevin O'Connell and Wes Phillips. Did well as a rotational in-line tight end with the Rams, grading out twice among the top 15 run-blocking TEs there.

Fills a nice hole with Conklin and Herndon likely departing and Zach Davidson being more of a move tight end.

A press conference has been called by the #Vikings for 3 p.m. Thursday for general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and head coach Kevin O'Connell to introduce free agents LB Jordan Hicks and DT Harrison Phillips, who are both joining the team.

#Vikings will sign Johnny Mundt to a two-year contract worth $2.45 million. The only part that is guaranteed is a $200,000 signing bonus. His salary for 2022 is the minimum.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
A press conference has been called by the #Vikings for 3 p.m. Thursday for general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and head coach Kevin O'Connell to introduce free agents LB Jordan Hicks and DT Harrison Phillips, who are both joining the team.

Our big get for the year lol.  I think I'd much prefer the tear it down strategy in Chicago. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Our big get for the year lol.  I think I'd much prefer the tear it down strategy in Chicago. 
The true big get will be keeping Hunter and Thielen apparently…and with more and more pass rushers getting new gigs or staying put they definitely better get it figured out.