Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooper To The Browns

[Image: ycm8ibEE_normal.jpg]
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 7m
Cowboys are finalizing a trade to send WR Amari Cooper and a sixth-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for a 2022 fifth-round pick and a sixth-round pick, per league sources.

Cooper still is just 27.

Cooper is 1 of 7 players in NFL history to have 7,000+ rec yards and 40+ rec TD through his age 27 season
- Others: HOF Randy Moss, HOF Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans

[Image: go6y9p503yo6.jpeg]

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Cooper still is just 27.

Cooper is 1 of 7 players in NFL history to have 7,000+ rec yards and 40+ rec TD through his age 27 season
- Others: HOF Randy Moss, HOF Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans
Wow, I had no idea he was that prolific.  I knew he was good but that is rare air.

Cleveland is in desperate need for WR's.  Good move if it happens.  

Good move for the Browns, now if they just had a QB who could get him the ball and was familiar with Stefanski and his system. Holler it out if anybody thinks of someone...

How hilarious would it be if the Browns trade for Cousins now?!

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
How hilarious would it be if the Browns trade for Cousins now?!

Still possible. It's being reported Cousins agent and the Vikings are "back and forth" on a contract extension, but if it doesn't get done the Browns would be a strong trading partner if they wanted to move on from Baker Mayfield. 

My goodness. Cowboys net just a 5th round pick for a 27 year old, former top 5 pick and 4X pro bowler? Yeah, I know, it's all about the contract, but still. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
My goodness. Cowboys net just a 5th round pick for a 27 year old, former top 5 pick and 4X pro bowler? Yeah, I know, it's all about the contract, but still. 

I guess stating that they were going to release him, then attempting to trade him, probably drove down their own market. The cowboys could use an upgrade at GM… Wink