Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Market Set For Hunter

[Image: c1Yf4ZtL_normal.jpg]
NFL
@NFL
· 14h
The Raiders sign DE Maxx Crosby to a four-year, $98.98 million contract extension. (via @RapSheet and @TomPelissero)

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
NFL
@NFL
· 14h
The Raiders sign DE Maxx Crosby to a four-year, $98.98 million contract extension. (via @RapSheet and @TomPelissero)
What are the details though?  Is this a typical backloaded deal with fair money up front that is meant to force a do over in 2 or 3 years?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
NFL
@NFL
· 14h
What are the details though?  Is this a typical backloaded deal with fair money up front that is meant to force a do over in 2 or 3 years?
Yes, but they all are. After signing his $24M/per year contract, Crosby cap hit will be $4M in 2022. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
NFL
@NFL
· 14h
Yes, but they all are. After signing his $24M/per year contract, Crosby cap hit will be $4M in 2022. 
The guarantees are the key details,  as well as how long the signing bonus is stretched.

Hunter is a far better player - IMO - but his CAP hit is 26 million and then only 9 next season.  Obviously, the 26 is not too bad if he can produce and stay healthy for all 16 games for the first time in 3 years...."if".   I'm no expert but I would see if we could push some of the 26 added to the 9 next season.  I'm sure Kwesi in doing all the math (Ha).  It's looking like we get a bulk order of transactions shortly - deadline to CAP is Wednesday.  

Hunter isn’t up for a new contract and has an awesome team friendly one going forward. I don’t understand why they’d do a new one. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Hunter isn’t up for a new contract and has an awesome team friendly one going forward. I don’t understand why they’d do a new one. 
He wants one.

I'm going to say something that probably won't be popular here: does Hunter really control games? He's not a Kalil Mack. He's not an Aaron Donald. Not a JJ Watt in his prime. He's a very good player but streaky. And then there's his health. I don't know, it seems sometimes he goes missing for quarters at a time.

Ok, let the tomato tossing begin.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'm going to say something that probably won't be popular here: does Hunter really control games? He's not a Kalil Mack. He's not an Aaron Donald. Not a JJ Watt in his prime. He's a very good player but streaky. And then there's his health. I don't know, it seems sometimes he goes missing for quarters at a time.

The question is why does he go missing and as a result of his near milk carton status,  how does the opposing offense do?  Are they feasting on his his absence OR due to them contributing additional resources to him do they tend to flounder as a result?

Quote: @StickyBun said:

Those players go missing too. All players do. We just don't notice. For example, Mack was invisible against Oli Udoh playing right tackle at the end of 2019. This year, TJ Watt was by far the league's best pass rusher. He tied Strahan's long standing sack record. With Darrisaw ailing, Udoh would be the starter at LT and Steelers Twitter was licking their chops. Oli shut him out. 0 sacks, 0 TFLs. Just sayin.