Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tear Down In Chicago Continues

[Image: MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg]
After trade attempts, the #Bears are releasing starting NT Eddie Goldman, source said. He is only 28 years old and will have a nice market.

Well our new DL coach certainly should have plenty of insight on the Bears that have been set free…

Better than the broken down aging terror of the Vikings?

And curiously, are they admitting Fields is a bust?  Or think they can rebuild before his rookie contract expires?

The Bears are in rebuild, get younger, and surround Fields mode.  It is an easier approach for them then it would be for us because they have not been as consistently competitive like us and they didn't have even a decent QB (Kirk is clearly above average) in so long that drafting Fields and rebuild makes perfect sense for the new regime.  Again, what the Bears are doing makes perfect sense for them.  

I am on record as wanting us to have the same approach. But it is nowhere near and clear cut for us, as it is for the Bears.  I am not even sure what our approach is going to be this year because we haven't done anything yet.  We will all find out shortly.  

Obviously or at least in my opinion the decision for Da Bears to go with a full-scale remodel was a No-Brainer.  
For our beloved Vikings it is harder because we have a much better roster and not a young QB to build around.

"Mark and Zygi Wilf have said publicly that the Vikings plan on being "super competitive" this fall. Soon enough, we should know whether or not that's actually true. One way or another, Adofo-Mensah's first big roster moves will tell us if the Vikings are going to tear things down and rebuild from the ground up or if the plan is similar to the one employed by the previous regime over the last two offseasons: minor changes with a goal of playoff contention this year.
The other finalist for the Vikings' GM vacancy, Ryan Poles, has already chosen his approach in Chicago. He's begun a full-scale makeover of the Bears' roster, moving on from several big-name veterans in order to start anew with a healthier cap situation. Poles traded Khalil Mack to the Chargers and cut Eddie Goldman and Tarik Cohen. Other expensive veterans could be next.
Will Adofo-Mensah do the same?

I dont know how this is helping Fields? Unless that means more weapons, better OL and hoping a young qb can win shoot-outs?  

I've hated playing against em, but I really admired some of the Dawgs on that Bear D the last 3-4 years. I hope a couple of em end-up in Eagan. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I dont know how this is helping Fields? Unless that means more weapons, better OL and hoping a young qb can win shoot-outs?  

I've hated playing against em, but I really admired some of the Dawgs on that Bear D the last 3-4 years. I hope a couple of em end-up in Eagan. 
you want to try and win now with a tweaked but failed roster of somebody elses choosing,  or you want to win in a year or two with one of your own design?  if your job is on the line,  millions at stake,  wouldnt you prefer the later?

At least the Bears GM has a brain.  Kwasi doesnt.

Quote: @Mighty mouse said:
At least the Bears GM has a brain.  Kwasi doesnt.
[Image: czhpf520ucrh.jpeg]